What's new
I made my first (Metal Slug 3: MV-1FZ) gameplay video today, my wife even makes a perfect appearance at the "Barbie" mark.
Pretty sweet, are you using the xrgb mini or the taito scaler? I think you said the taito was the best option regarding the lag, the mini had way noticeable lag.

Indeed, that is the Taito JAMMA kit.
It wasn't the video lag that pushed me away from the xRGB setup, it was the JVS controls.

I miss scanlines, so I ordered a SLG3000...
It should work with the Taito scaler because that outputs 640x480 VGA.

I made my first (Metal Slug 3: MV-1FZ) gameplay video today, my wife even makes a perfect appearance at the "Barbie" mark.
ohhhhh... the smile on that man's face at 1:39 pricelesssssssssssss :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yup, I remember those days with my wife, that was before our son....now I get the "get off of there, its your turn to put him to bed, I'm going to sleep" Its all good though, I get to buy more arcade stuff.

ohhhhh... the smile on that man's face at 1:39 pricelesssssssssssss :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yup, I remember those days with my wife, that was before our son....now I get the "get off of there, its your turn to put him to bed, I'm going to sleep" Its all good though, I get to buy more arcade stuff.
Oh so...true...Derick2K.

I got the business yesterday for putting my son to sleep when he was bawling like mad because I did it in way she can't do when I'm at work (Swinging him in his car seat). I already miss when he was small enough to be in a chest pouch and would fall asleep while playing Street Fighter.

Oh, and the cabinet looks awesome. I am interested to hear if the SLG does the trick for scanlines for Jassin.

I am interested to hear if the SLG does the trick for scanlines for Jassin
Funny you should mention the SLG, it showed up in the mailbox today...
IMG_20160317_102116.jpg

It wasn't the video lag that pushed me away from the xRGB setup, it was the JVS controls.

It should work with the Taito scaler because that outputs 640x480 VGA.
Man, are you so short on space that it's really worth dropping all this coin on making JAMMA games look and play good on the Vewlix instead of just keeping a CRT cab around?

should work with the Taito scaler because that outputs 640x480 VGA.
Man, are you so short on space that it's really worth dropping all this coin on making JAMMA games look and play good on the Vewlix instead of just keeping a CRT cab around?
but he doesn't want the vewlix to be lonely...

Space is a issue for anyone living in Boston (I'd imagine NYC too).
Really it's all about the CRT maintenance, I'm done with that shit! ;)

Yup, space is at a premium in NYC. I currently have all my arcade/console stuff in bins in the dining room, wife not happy for the last couple of month. My son however loves it.

Although I have the Blasts and I love them, I am thinking of letting them go, at least one of them. Already have 2 buyers lined up that want the cab, dont know which one will get it first.

Yup, space is at a premium in NYC. I currently have all my arcade/console stuff in bins in the dining room, wife not happy for the last couple of month. My son however loves it.

Although I have the Blasts and I love them, I am thinking of letting them go, at least one of them. Already have 2 buyers lined up that want the cab, dont know which one will get it first.
@Derick2k I'm trying to get it sorted! Also, @jassin000 those scanlines look good. I have a couple of mini slgs kicking around...is that what you ordered or are you using an SLG 3000 or something else.

@Derick2k I'm trying to get it sorted! Also, @jassin000 those scanlines look good. I have a couple of mini slgs kicking around...is that what you ordered or are you using an SLG 3000 or something else.
No worries, cab is yours unless someone local makes me an offer I cant refuse. I am not putting it out for sale just yet so you have time.

Jassin is using the SLG 3000.

Today's deliveries;

Well I got the SLG3000 this afternoon (pics above), later in the day my official Taito locks/keys came as well.
IMG_20160317_201506.jpg

Yea they are the round key style, and yea I do prefer flats... But this is the official, 1153 set direct from Taito.
It fits perfectly into the cab with the original tongs, as you would expect being an official original part.

As a bonus (and because they are "cheap" if your already ordering over 100$ worth of gear) I got some official YEN sticker sheets.
IMG_20160317_201435.jpg

I already replaced my ratty original sticker (top right) with a new one, looks perfect! ;)
As always with any extra parts I've ordered, if anyone (USA) is looking for 'em, I have two full sheets and one each 50/200 available.

I am going to go on the record here.. In the far future if you or Derick deside to sell the cab(s) or trade in for an Egreet II or two put me in your top list since you guys have done all the heavy lifting and made them perfect :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ok, I started the list, you are currently at the top, so if and when. :D

Great post and very interesting to read about the new limited screen from Taito tech.
Result looks great, also with the SLG3000.
And the amount you spent is crazy, hope wife can cope with it. :) :)

I went through many LCDs to find one for my Egret3 HD project, in the end I found a 27" Samsung PLS panel that crushed the competition in viewing angle (Yes, the screen in a Egret 3 has a big angle, original for CRT.) input lag and colors.

I could not fit a Vewlix screen as that one is 32".

e3hd.jpg

Monouchi, your arcade setup is truly gorgeous. If only I had the space and those Egret cabs :D .

Also, your modded cab with that PLS panel looks mint. It is giving me ideas of doing something similar if the CRT in Blast cab ever dies.

Did you recreate the bezel to fit the new panel? Can you show us how you accomplished this.

Back