What's new

Scillianaire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very confused about what's up with my nanao right now. It went out when I was toggling the khz dip switches in front. I thought maybe the fuses blew so I replaced them but it's still not working. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Video of it not working lol

Attachments

• received_727168627680117.jpeg
    received_727168627680117.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 361
  • received_643020479456172.jpeg
    received_643020479456172.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 323
The video's not working for me. It gives me a video unavailable error.

So the monitor is not turning on at all? You have no neck glow at the back and can't feel static on the front?

If so, it's not a dipswitch issue. The dipswitch settings won't stop it from turning on.

I did not think it was a dip switch problem that's just when it happened. I will try and fix the video.

There there is not any neck glow and there is no static on the screen. I also think that YouTube link is fixed.

If the remote is unplugged, it's possible the chassis doesn't turn on.

If you have a multimeter you can check if the HOT (horizontal output transistor) is shorted (blown).

Outside of those there's really nothing super easy to check for.

The remote board is what you were changing the dipswitches on. Check the connector(s) going to the side of the chassis. This may have come loose.

Seems connected I'm not sure how flipping the dip switches would have unplugged it anyway

Ill bring home a multi meter tomorrow. What does the HOT look like?

Also, wiggle the connectors that go to the frame. I have had issues with those in the past.

The HOT is the big transistor just behind the flyback, on the other side of the heat sink. Q501, C5244. If you don't have a short between the outer legs and the middle leg, the HOT should be fine.

Im just a little skeptical that something being unplugged is the problem because I wasn't touching anything in back when it went out - just the remote

Back