What's new
Can you set the keys? They look like this,Could you please send me hex as soon as possible

Last edited:
I can't recompile the HEX file, sorry. :(

Built one of these this weekend, works great! Thanks for putting this out there! @Frank_fjs @Arthrimus

QQOi6E2.jpg

Sanity check on aisle 2 lol:

I didn't realise I should have got QBP until after I had ordered my PCB's, I also ain't going to buy the 10-pin to 6-pin ISP adapter...just going to jury-rig it with some Dupont wires and a DB15.

So from the attached diagram and the silkscreens I think this is correct, can someone confirm, I'm just a tiny bit scared of releasing the magic smoke!

10-pinDB15
MOSI111
VCC28
RST59
SCK710
MISO92
Ground101

Hopefully this helps the other cheapskates out there!

Attachments

• avr-isp-pinout.png
    avr-isp-pinout.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I'll confirm this evening when I'm home from work.

Risk of damage is minimal, the programmer has protection diodes but yeah, I'll still confirm for peace of mind.

Thanks @Frank_fjs

Flipping burgers! I've accidentally gone and had 10 PCBs made using the old gerbers (from the @Arthrimus github), so I have a C1 and R1-R4, which look like 0805 pads and I have no LED, oh and a J1 on the back.

Any reason why I wouldn't just build these ones, I have a range of 0805 passives in my spares bin, I can't find the values for C1 and R1-R4, 0.1uF and 1K like the 1206 version perchance, and whats J1 on the back for?

Oh and i got the 10-pin to 6-pin doo-da, I literally walked passed Jaycar today and thought what the hay!

J1 needs to be bridged / closed for programming. It's the reset line of the Atmega. I left it open in my design as it didn't cause any conflict with arcade hardware / superguns. It can cause conflict if the adapter's are used on an AES console.

The cap is definitely a 0.1uF. The resistor info is buried somewhere in his thread, I know a few of them were 1K but I can't quite remember. He has extra resistors as a safety measure in case 5V goes down the right path. I omitted them as I prefer a lighter component count and didn't see them as a necessary measure for the use case.

Thanks @Frank_fjs

Flipping burgers! I've accidentally gone and had 10 PCBs made using the old gerbers (from the @Arthrimus github), so I have a C1 and R1-R4, which look like 0805 pads and I have no LED, oh and a J1 on the back.

Any reason why I wouldn't just build these ones, I have a range of 0805 passives in my spares bin, I can't find the values for C1 and R1-R4, 0.1uF and 1K like the 1206 version perchance, and whats J1 on the back for?

Oh and i got the 10-pin to 6-pin doo-da, I literally walked passed Jaycar today and thought what the hay!

R1 and R2 are supposed to be 100ohm resistors for current limiting, but I've also removed them on my newer design because I found that certain more power hungry controller PCBs have issues with the current limiting resistors in place. You can just short R1 and R2.

R3 and R4 are 1K resistors that are supposed to help with signal reflection on the select lines when using long controller cables.

C1 is 0.1uf

There's nothing wrong with the old design, and it works fine with the current firmware, but it lacks the LED so you don't have a visual indicator of the remapping process. Otherwise it's the same as the new design. You do have to make sure to short J1 while you are programming it because J1 connects reset to pin 9 of the DB15 connector. You can clear the short once you are done programming it.

Last edited:
Thanks @Frank_fjs & @Arthrimus

On J1, bearing in mind that I have to remove the short after programming then I'm thinking of soldering a tiny bit of wire as it should be easier to remove than a blob of solder?

Is the ISP to DB15 pinout on this old revision the same as the new?

DB15
MOSI11
VCC8
RST9
SCK10
MISO2
Ground1

Thanks @Frank_fjs & @Arthrimus

On J1, bearing in mind that I have to remove the short after programming then I'm thinking of soldering a tiny bit of wire as it should be easier to remove than a blob of solder?

Is the ISP to DB15 pinout on this old revision the same as the new?

DB15
MOSI11
VCC8
RST9
SCK10
MISO2
Ground1
Do whatever is easiest for you. The ISP pinout is the same on all of my adapters.

With eXtreme Burner, I positively cannot get past "No Supported Programmer Found", I'm on the latest Win10x64, the USBASP is in Device Manager, this is not my first rodeo, I have tried everything.

Windows installs the wrong driver.

Override it with Zadig.

Thanks @Frank_fjs!

Zadig was like 2 hours ago, I can't get rid of the red X on WCID though ("Install WCID Driver" doesn't fix it).

Attachments

• zadig.png
    zadig.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 142
Disregard the red X.

Change the driver dropbox to libusb0 and install that driver.

Thanks @Frank_fjs!

Now I'm getting "Cannot Communicate with Target Chip"

I did have the USB ISP on it's default 5v jumper for a bit, I wonder if it damaged the 328P

5V is fine.

Maybe check your soldering of the Atmega.

Thanks @Frank_fjs!

A clue, if the jumper on the AVRISP is set to 5v the USBISP switches off when the SAT2NEO is connected

Back