What's new
8bitdo have Saturn controllers?

I'm eagerly awaiting the Retrobit wireless Saturn controllers.

Received the QPB PCBs. Makes it a breeze to flash the surface mount Atmega.
Starting download… 75362416_10218574613449590_2634091051656151040_n.jpg

Would an old MAS stick compatible with saturn/playstation work with the adapter?

I think I want to marry @Arthrimus

So I stumbled upon these on his GitHub, SNES adapters with the same functionality in terms of software based button remapping and autofire.

They work perfectly! Thanks man, I absolutely love your work.
Starting download… 74627053_10218622035595114_8588897129764749312_n.jpg

Hey @Arthrimus

Is SNES status LED wired up the same as the Saturn adapter? PD0?

Grabbed one of the Retro-bit Saturn 2.4G controllers. It's a nice controller, I like the packaging and the fact it includes both a native Saturn and USB receiver.

Doesn't quite work with the Saturn adapter but fingers crossed Arthrimus can work something out.

Good news is that it syncs and is fully usable as a 3 button pad. So that's all directional movement, buttons ABC, START, and coin via a combo of ABC + START.

You need to not map coin in any other way besides ABC + START otherwise START will register as COIN and there's no way to register START. You can't map buttons 456 or conflict occurs with directional movements also registering buttons 456.

So XYZ and LR are non responsive, and if you map buttons 456 they are activated at the same time as a press of UP, DOWN or LEFT. As in UP triggers UP & B4, DOWN B5, and LEFT B6.

75627276_10218740107266832_2521885795552329728_n.jpg

Any chance some members will sell some available some saturn to db15 adpater so I can use my arcade stick with a supergun? Awesome projet. Thank in advance!

I have just received 2x HISPEEDIDO Saturn controller extender cables from this link and they fit perfectly and also the joystick connection fits tightly.

This time I've succeeded soldering the terminals :) . I've cleaned them as much as possible using a bit of new solder and solder wick before inserting, then bent the pins with a tweezer and soldered them to the PCB from the bottom first.

Next time, apart from the top cover, I'll apply some epoxy (Araldite) before inserting the connector.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Put one of these together to practice more soldering projects and it works great.

Thanks @Frank_fjs and @Arthrimus! Button remapping is pretty slick. The QPB made it a breeze to flash the thing too.

I also tried to do a PSX adapter but am having some issues there. Will post in appropriate thread though for that.

I haven't tried the PSX adapter yet, what issues are you having...?

I use the extreme burner AVR program you recommended and had no issues with uploading via your QPB to the Saturn adapter. For the PSX one it "seemed" to work as well. Like once it was done flashing the compiled hex the PCB led blinked rapidly for a moment and it also blinks rapidly for a moment when I power on my minigun (personally soldered! =O ) just like the Saturn one. Except the PS2 controller doesn't register any button presses.

I assume I did something wrong when programming the chip. I picked E2 for the low byte same as the Saturn one. That is the only part I wasn't sure on as I saw the default value 62 also had the internal oscillator at 8Mhz.

PS - you weren't kidding, the 0603 are tiny AF! those are way harder to solder than the 1206 but I managed to get them on.

I use the extreme burner AVR program you recommended and had no issues with uploading via your QPB to the Saturn adapter. For the PSX one it "seemed" to work as well. Like once it was done flashing the compiled hex the PCB led blinked rapidly for a moment and it also blinks rapidly for a moment when I power on my minigun (personally soldered! =O ) just like the Saturn one. Except the PS2 controller doesn't register any button presses.

I assume I did something wrong when programming the chip. I picked E2 for the low byte same as the Saturn one. That is the only part I wasn't sure on as I saw the default value 62 also had the internal oscillator at 8Mhz.

PS - you weren't kidding, the 0603 are tiny AF! those are way harder to solder than the 1206 but I managed to get them on.
That's strange, are you using an official controller? Also is the right angle adapter PCB installed in the correct orientation?

Back