What's new
That is not a good stick, very mushy buttons and controls.

This is what you're after:

virtua.jpg

OK, so this a bit of a Public Service Announcement lol, the extension cables I harvested clearly had a 'crappy" connector, I got my trusty "pick" tool and popped all 9 "mating" pins "out", they were lodged under a plastic "shelf" inside the connector, now they sit much higher, I have d-pad and start now!!!

@Arthrimus @Frank_fjs remapping like this isn't giving me ABCXYZ...wtf?

Plug it in, and hold down START plus any two face buttons for a few seconds...Press button A once, then button B twice, and so on until all buttons (ABCXYZ) are done. This maps button A as input 1, button B as input 2 and so on...Then press START again to exit button remapping mode.

Remapping worked, I can see the additional LED's appeal lol!

I had to hold START, then press Y + Z and hold all three buttons for four seconds, do the 123456 procedure and then a solid second press of START.

Thanks everyone that chimed in.

I think I have accidentally setup autofire on X & Y (it cycles through 0 & 1 very quickly on the CPS2 input test page), how do I turn it off, is there a way to factory reset with a key combination?

For the life of me I can't get ABC to map to SHOT1-3 on CPS2, it always makes XYZ SHOT1-3.

X1,Y2,Z3,A4,B5,C6 or A1,B2,C3,X4,Y5,Z6 always makes XYZ SHOT1-3 unless of course I'm not actually in remapping mode when I think I am.

@Frank_fjs I thought I read that you soldered a PTH LED on to the SMD board, was it to a leg on the ATMEGA, is it easy enough to solder on, I need illumination!

Hold tight, let me get on my PC and I'll shoot you the info you need...

So you'll need to grab a through hole LED and wire the anode to a +5V source (pin 8 of the dsub15, pin 1 of the Saturn connector or the pad of C1).

The cathode needs to be wired in series to a resistor (any value will do for now, just to limit current and prevent burnout) and then to pin 30 of the Atmega.

Hold two face buttons and start to invoke button remapping mode. The LED will light solid and flash according to how many times a button is pressed.

To cancel out autofire, hold any single face button and start for a few seconds... Wait a second or two then press start again.

Imagine for a moment, a perfect world, where an Aussie reading this thread has one of these babies and is thinking about selling... :P

These adapters somewhat fit, but they didn't work in the adapter PCB. Not sure if it was due to my bad bending of the pins (I checked for shorts before, though) since the pics programmed worked in my new setup. I did not test these adapters before with my Saturn.
Could you expand on this please, you had Saturn connectors that soldered OK, didn't have any shorts and they still didn't work?
I don't remember what failed with the PIC based board, probably a bad soldering. Those HISPEEDIDO sockets from that seller are what I'm successfully using right now. Other ones don't have long enough pins to solder to the PCB.

Be sure to fully push the male connector and reconnect if needed. If possible use an electronics contact cleaner for both the male and female connector and let it dry.

What is the output of avrdude when you program the chip?

-- edit -- oh, you have d-pad... I suppose that means the controller is correctly programmed :) In order to reprogram face buttons I find it a bit annoying sometimes and it takes a few tries.

Thanks @pacoarcade I had no problem making an electrical contact between the Saturn connector and the SAT2NEO PCB, I just built nine bridges of solder, the problem was the 9 internal pins inside the Saturn connector, they were not contacting the controller plug well enough and I had to prise the pins upward 1mm more with a metal pick, after I did that on all 9 pins it worked perfectly.

Hello, the adapters are great, I have reviewed and I cannot find the .hex for the PS control, someone will have it by chance and could the same be done for USB controls of PS3 or PS4?Thank you very much

Hello, the adapters are great, I have reviewed and I cannot find the .hex for the PS control, someone will have it by chance and could the same be done for USB controls of PS3 or PS4?Thank you very much
I did a USB to DB 15 using atmel328p and USB host, but I'm still waiting some beta testers for release.

@fluxcore @suverman

I did a USB to DB 15 using atmel328p and USB host, but I'm still waiting some beta testers for release.
@fluxcore @suverman

I would like to help, I just don't have the usb host to test

I did a USB to DB 15 using atmel328p and USB host, but I'm still waiting some beta testers for release.@fluxcore @suverman
If you are able to buy it, i can send you a invite so you can join our beta tester group.

I did a USB to DB 15 using atmel328p and USB host, but I'm still waiting some beta testers for release.@fluxcore @suverman
If you are able to buy it, i can send you a invite so you can join our beta tester group.
I would like to participate, I have arduino nano, one and mega, I can buy a usb. greetings from Chile

Hi all,

I just purchased one of these adapters and am having a problem. I have it connected to my Omega cmvs using a Retrobit 2.4ghz wireless controller which is listed as compatible. The problem is that I cannot bring up the in-game Unibios menu. It refuses to recognize the Start + Select (R button) combination. Each button works correctly on its own but the combo doesn't. Is this a known issue?

I reached out to @Arthrimus twice but did not get a response. I'm hoping someone here may can help.

Thanks,
mario64

Last edited:
Apologies that I missed your attempts to contact me. I get a lot of messages. The start and select buttons cannot be pressed simultaneously because one of the select button combos requires pressing start and it would create a conflict if both start and select were pressed when you only want to press select. This is a fundamental behavior of the select button combo code, and changing it would require a significant rewrite.

Apologies that I missed your attempts to contact me. I get a lot of messages. The start and select buttons cannot be pressed simultaneously because one of the select button combos requires pressing start and it would create a conflict if both start and select were pressed when you only want to press select. This is a fundamental behavior of the select button combo code, and changing it would require a significant rewrite.
Thanks very much for the response. Wish I had known this before purchasing though :(

Back