What's new

iGaroux

Professional
Reaction score
I need help connecting my system 246 (rack C) that's running fate unlimited code to my nnc i bought a harness on Ebay that connects my two molex connectors to the 5 or 6 pin I believe? And after that I'm stuck am I missing something? I have the namco jamma b pcb.

It's not Molex, it's JST VL:

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/JST_VL

You shouldn't need a System246 JAMMA PCB as your cab should already be wired for JVS. Just plug the JVS connector (the one that looks like an USB connector) into the System 246. Make note that you're actually plugging it in to the JVS port (as opposed to the USB port). The connectors are labeled.

I use my 256 in my Net City all the time.
use the adapter that @radiantsvgun linked to for power. then plug the JVS connector into the port near the Dip switches (the other port is USB, don't use that). then just plug in VGA (either port works, it doesn't matter) and RCA audio and you're good to go.

for the best video quality turn ON dip switches 2 3 and 4 to put output into VGA mode.

this is what I get.

Attachments

• 20190413_203732.jpg
    20190413_203732.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 463
  • 20190413_203651.jpg
    20190413_203651.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 450
  • 20190413_204137_5655.jpg
    20190413_204137_5655.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 474
and I believe this is the i/o that's stock with nnc

Attachments

• 837-13551-92_large.jpg
    837-13551-92_large.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 446
yes that is the JVS IO that is standard in the NNC and I have personally played every joystick game on the 2x6 using that IO board.

Just to confirm, does your IO board and cable work with other PCBS? have you tested recently with a NAOMI or something else JVS to confirm that it's working?

yeah I always have my nnc running a naomi 1 with multi bios and gd rom set up.

ok, good, that rules out that side of things. does the JVS port appear damaged or dirty at all?

if this pcb was in a setup that didn't use it there could be a good layer of dust in there.

yeah nothing seems pretty clean when I unplug the USB cable it actually says not connect then when connected goes back to saying reset and numbers always changing.

yeah nothing seems pretty clean when I unplug the USB cable it actually says not connect then when connected goes back to saying reset and numbers always changing.
Hi. Have you resolved this issue? I recently received a 256, and experience the same issue with a known working Capcom I/O.

Hi. Have you resolved this issue? I recently received a 256, and experience the same issue with a known working Capcom I/O.
not sure on the capcom i/o I did get one of my namco systems to work on my nnc. The other one the 246 c or something like that didnt like my i/o I only was about to get it to work with the namco jamma adapter.

Just curious if you got this figured out? The link that radiant gun suggested on ebay is broke at this point and i am in the same boat. System 256 and a megalo 410 cab and get a similar error when turning it on:
Jv master: not connect cable
Io board 1 nothing
Io board 2 nothing.
I know theres a solution but its driving me nuts and hard to find info anywhere about these. Thanks for any help

sorry if I’m Necroing this thread, but I have a NNC and a 256 and could use the power adapter.

Back