What's new
been looking around, on other forums some say a good replacement for a 1080p resolution is the LG 32MP58HQ, has anyone tried that one?
Generally speaking an IPS panel isn't going to be as low lag as you'd want. I wouldn't put anything in my cab without hard numbers though. And not BS manufacturer claims.

been looking around, on other forums some say a good replacement for a 1080p resolution is the LG 32MP58HQ, has anyone tried that one?
I believe that was for Chewlix not for original.
But I am not really sure.

I work at a company that custom manufactures monitors for aircraft.
really?what are the chances that you could manufacture a 27in 4:3 display? or even a 50in 4:3 display. If you could make them at a reasonably price Those would sell like gangbusters in the arcade market since there are a ton of cabs with larger failing crts and no good LCD replacement options because everything over 20in is widescreen only.
I think someone looked into this one time, they found some Chinese company that would do it but it was going to be crazy expensive and needed a minimum order quantity.
I believe that was @Derick2k

I work at a company that custom manufactures monitors for aircraft.
really?what are the chances that you could manufacture a 27in 4:3 display? or even a 50in 4:3 display. If you could make them at a reasonably price Those would sell like gangbusters in the arcade market since there are a ton of cabs with larger failing crts and no good LCD replacement options because everything over 20in is widescreen only.
I think someone looked into this one time, they found some Chinese company that would do it but it was going to be crazy expensive and needed a minimum order quantity.
I believe that was @Derick2k
Yup, the manufacturing plant wanted around $15K to retool their assembly line and a MOQ each year for 3 years.

which is exactly why a military contractor might be a better fit as they're used to doing odd-ball sizes in smaller order quantities.

Maybe, I did contact one manufacturer for military and avionics displays and their quote was similar, $15-20K to produce a 2-3 displays with the specs needed. But yeah, if someone can do these I would be in to help fund/buy some displays.

We're currently building 4:3 21" monitor for *** in 2019. lol Don't forget LCD panel is included in the tariff list. You can build your own display but the cost is not worth it. :/

I was just thinking about this as well.
ThezVewlix C monitor has what looks like a VESA 200x100 mount but it's low mounted on the panel (not centered).
I think the easiest way is to buy a 200x200 to 100x100 adapter plate and use the bottom holes to position the bracket to drill upper mounting holes.This allows for a centered 100x100 mount which is fairly common on regular consumer panels.
Then, to obtain correct spacing to the face, use long bolts along with spacer blocks made from mdf or acrylic.

The only concern after this is how to attach the 4-piece monitor surround. I don't like using adhesives, but maybe something like Betalink would work well? Or very shallow self tapping screws...
Like you, I could only come across people with Chewlixes doing monitor swaps, and unfortunately, the chewlixes have a totally different mounting system and front panel surround.
Just found some information of lg32mp58hqw has very similar VESA with Vewlix C.
As this model has 200x100 size and also it is low mounted. I also found out some people has upgraded their original vewlix with this model. I tried to contacted those people but did not get reply yet.
Will update if I get more info from them.

Attachments

• 20181116_144433_HDR.jpg
    20181116_144433_HDR.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 194
what would be the harm in drilling new holes. If it mounts the monitor in the right position I mean

what would be the harm in drilling new holes. If it mounts the monitor in the right position I mean
You might get elitists on the internet harassing you about how you've ruined your cabinet...Only slightly kidding.
The real reason is it's easier to use the original holes to an adapter bracket, them modify the bracket instead since the work can be done away from the cabinet. Even if the holes are in the correct spot, the thickness and size of the panels will be different and will require spacers or other positioning modifications.

Will a vewlix Dimon blue monitor be a plug and play upgrade for a vewlix F/C?

Back