What's new

8bitforlife

Grand Master
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Is it normal for a 2931 when turned off to have its picture shifted.

Picture looks fantastic but if I turn off the game then come back to it later the picture is shifted to the left a little. i can fix it with the remote and it stays there but if turned off it does it again.

Last edited:
Could be there is a capacitor that normally holds the OSD settings but has gone bad so it's not retaining your settings after power down. Not sure but I don't think it's "normal" behavior.

just got it back from sharp. I should mention ever other setting is saved. Next time I set it and turn it off ill make note of the number.

@DecepticonZero and @kuze I think I found the problem. If I move the yoke connector yellow grey wire one. It starts to go funny and collapses and goes into protection. If I close the cp to hard it collapses. I think there is cold solder on that yoke connection or around that area.

The settings never changed from night and when I woke up. So I think its that area. Causeing problems.

Do you think I should just try Reflowing right there?

If you hold the connector firm and flick the wires does it do it? Or is it only when the connector is jiggled?

not the wires the connector. I took the connector from the other monitor. Its a good connection. I think its bad soldering underneath.

i did no change. i package it back up and sent the 2930 that came back not functioning with the 2931. They reported there was 2 loose traces the first time. Ill update on when i get them back.

Back