What's new

Samelak

Student
Reaction score
Well, the clock pad popped off. Everything soldered fine and has been working and then I find my clock pad popped off. I guess it was the tension exerted by the wires. So am I screwed permanently or temporarily? Is there another point I can pick up, can someone fix it or is the kit trash? Someone please help.

The clock pad also runs to the J4 connector but the problem is that the trace runs THROUGH the pad so you will have to jump a wire directly from the pin on the ARM back to the J4 connector.

You can just run decrypted roms until you are able to get it fixed.

The clock pad also runs to the J4 connector but the problem is that the trace runs THROUGH the pad so you will have to jump a wire directly from the pin on the ARM back to the J4 connector.
Is there any good reason not to just solder the wire to the J4 connector in the first place? Seems like it would be easier/safer to solder to than the pad, but the installation instructions say to solder to the pads. Just curious since I need to do one of these installs myself soon.

The top two pads are also placed on the J4 connector so if your soldering is so-so then it would be safer. Biggest problem is the bottom two pads which if they get burnt have no alternative other than jumping directly to the ARM.

Thanks! I'll go with the method of less risk in my case then. :P

You can just run decrypted roms until you are able to get it fixed.
So I reloaded the Avalaunch Decrypted games and sure enough I am back in business, but I installed the reset wire per directions and it will not reset upon game load. I have to cycle the power. Did the lifted clock pad that broke take out the reset function? Also, who out there can possibly do a repair for me? Encrypted or Decrypted, I don't care, but I do want the reset function. I am in Japan, but I use the US Post Office (I'm military stationed out here). My zip code is outside Sacramento, CA.

So I cannot use the reset function with decrypted ROMs? I used the single wire set-up.

Last edited:
Yes you can. You just need to connect Setup2 only. Reset on SWD5 no longer works. If you keep the three other wires connected it should reset for you.

The three other wires put back into place and now resetting...thanks! So should I consider getting this fixed so I can run the encrypted ROMs? Who is the current go-to?

Last edited:
I see you're in Japan, I'm not sure if there is anyone there who advertises this kind of fix but someone might pop up.

Outside of that you have @Mitsurugi-w in the US, @Darksoft in Europe or me in Australia.

I'm in Japan, but I get all my mail thru the US. My address is considered California.

Back