What's new
Received remote , trying to get the perfect balance in price /usefulness and beauty.

adding too much is making a small controller's price going up very quickly.
its painted metal so... guess im gonna cut some stuff and bending.
no bending sure gets wayyy better and beside it wasnt very usefull.
but it would have been smooth for the hands ...*sigh* oh well.

so the controller will have 3 plates. They will need to be assembled by you guys and ill supply a small instruction that shouldnt be too hard to follow.
2 painted (black) + 1 unpainted .

-game list right on top . (THIS, i really like)
-artwork can be changed to YOUR taste but this time im going to ask to submit what you want or else you get stuck with altered beast background ;) .

i will make a proto the fastest i can, after that i need to make ONE minor change to the sega16 unit.
AND it should be done ! 3rd order is around the corner ;)

(p.s the only thing im a bit afraid is that the writting might end up very small and unreadable...that is what im going to check )

Attachments

• controller proto.png
    controller proto.png
    238 KB · Views: 125
Looking good!!!!

Since everyone else has been putting their 2c in for what they'd like art-wise.... I'm fine with just a generic, plain enclosure for both of mine, and I'm okay without the remote enclosure.

Looking good!!!!

Since everyone else has been putting their 2c in for what they'd like art-wise.... I'm fine with just a generic, plain enclosure for both of mine, and I'm okay without the remote enclosure.
Oh don't worry :) its part of the fun having a special front art. You can even submit one you'd like , ill just print it out :D
not very hard. And don't take as much time as you think ;) unless i have to make one from scratch...

The worst thing i ever created was Sexy parodius XD its a real nightmare of prints.
BUT it looks freaking beautiful in the end ;)

the remote is mostly for fun and i wanted one.
It ended up more complex then i thought. Not being able to create buttons and the small screen height was something i didnt thought.

I stayed up after work tonight just so i can finally put the final touch on the remote case :P
tomorrow ill rework the case insert problem...they're not wide enough. pcb is almost passing throught. the plastic retainers i always supply with my cases, is the only thing holding the pcb.
i didnt like that. i want something flawless. So i'm going to change all inserts for bigger ones.

Even mortal kombat 2 pcb's holes are freaking huge...

I got the remote labels today :)
and they look marvelous despite being very small, the text is very readable.

I can say that this will become quite useful to find a specific game on the list
I will show final product with all labels on tomorrow, (or the day after if there's a small delay)

ill get the price too.
:D

after that ... orders will be open at last :)
i'll contact everyone. The wait is almost over. Time to make those sega 16 , a new home

Will be ready to show remote product this afternoon :)
(sorry for the longer delay ^^; had a small problem along the way that was taken care of)

Also made changes to the sega 16 case's bottom part.

Now the inserts are wider. everything should be installed tightly.
Ill go and install my pcb on the new prototype this afternoon as well.

OK now for the finish line.

first of all the remote case.

It's pretty good looking. :)
I thought the stickers would be a bit easier to glue on the case.

i tested on @ShootTheCore pcb and it worked great :D (don't worry i took good care of your pcb :D)

the very main problem is accessing the buttons.
The black plate above the 3 buttons is at same level as top of them.
So its a bit hard to push at first but when you get the hang of it, its not that bad.

as for pressing them,
left buttons - use right thumb
right button : use left thumb

else its a bit hard because of the case's design but controller is so small that its not that bothersome to reach.

to sum it up :) not a perfect design
but not a bad one. And yes it will come with the stand i made a while ago :D (free! ONLY FOR THIS ORDER)

The whole remote case (4 parts) + screws, stickers (already applyed on the case)
+ nice stand (alum) to display beside Sega16 case :P

20$usd
-all you'll need is a bit of assembling skills (should be pretty easy),
- @Frank_fjs 's remote (be sure to buy one with his sega16 oled selector lol)
-Some glue (if you want the stand to hold together....i didnt use any for mine but if i move it ,,, sometime it falls apart.)

anyway, ill ask anyone already on the waiting list if they want one :)

ORDER #3 is now officially open !
The faster people on the waiting list pays, the faster the order will get on queue back at work.

i wont contact anyone for money until sunday (september 13). Because i'm off on a small trip this week-end :P

Attachments

• manette1.jpg
    manette1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 121
  • manette2.jpg
    manette2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 118
  • manette3.jpg
    manette3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 110
  • manette4.jpg
    manette4.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 122
  • manette5.jpg
    manette5.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Maybe not a perfect case, but for $20 I for one am certainly satisfied :D I see I'm already on the list for the multi case, feel free to add me for a remote holder too.

Paypal is ready for your request, enjoy your weekend trip!

Looks solid. I would add a remote holder to my 16 order too. The Battletoads is still on hold, yeah? Let me know my total and Paypal detail via PM when ready and I will pay up.

Ok so I'm going to send everyone private message to confirm their orders.
and a few questions about personal designs.

feel free to decline, having your name on the list wasn't a deal with the devil XD

hello!

I forgot to ask, what's compatibility like for oneleaf86's game selector?

I realize the holder you've built is for a different selector, this is ok as I don't need one, so I'm just hopign the selector will fit the case (with and without ethernet extender cable) and is accessible.

this is the one:
Multi Game Selectors - Build your own!

ty!

hello!

I forgot to ask, what's compatibility like for oneleaf86's game selector?

I realize the holder you've built is for a different selector, this is ok as I don't need one, so I'm just hoping the selector will fit the case (with and without ethernet extender cable) and is accessible.

this is the one:

ty!
on a previous picture i've shown how the plate hole looks like.
That hole is a bit bigger now. (that picture down below is an old model just so you can see)

if someone can tell me the dimensions of oneleaf86's game selector
i can verify to be sure :)

just not sure about the ethernet cable ...guess it would need an extra cut.
At worst the front plate can be removed

Attachments

• received_615069306053296.jpeg
    received_615069306053296.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
on a previous picture i've shown how the plate hole looks like.That hole is a bit bigger now. (that picture down below is an old model just so you can see)

if someone can tell me the dimensions of oneleaf86's game selector
i can verify to be sure :)

just not sure about the ethernet cable ...guess it would need an extra cut.
At worst the front plate can be removed

thank you, all my stuff is in storage unfortunately so I can't provide the measurements until two weeks from now.

there's some zip files on the post, maybe you can open them on your machine, I can't on mine, it probably needs some specific application.

please let us know
regards.

ok ill ask Oneleaf86 in that case, maybe he can provide some answer :)

Last edited:
Back