What's new
first off, sorry for the wait.

before i can go and proceed with creation of the cases
(at least 4 or 5 should be ok)

-Thickness has been lowered, so its less heavy for shipping. my very first one was made with 0.125" aluminum.This one will be 0.081".

-Astérix logo and lexan will be pre-installed

-Screws will also be included

-Color of case will be a different type of blue which is almost similar.

-No buttons (i dont have a 3d printer)

i will try to make a prototype next, if lucky it could be ready this Friday :D
or next week

Price should be 95-100usd...may be lower if i can get to 10 or more.
(shipping not included, and i'm from canada)

New proto is done.
Just need
-test with new inserts
(i was using m3 screws.... I changed that for 6-32 wich is easier to find)

-test with pcb

-do some paint check

Proto should be completed/paint around next friday :D
And if everything is good, product will be ready for launch shortly :)

Attachments

• 20190927_104805.jpg
    20190927_104805.jpg
    821.1 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
I currently own only those pcb in my signature.

I plan on getting a tmnt later next year so i can check to make a case too.

But if possible id like to make every pcb i currently own, a case.

Ill first do asterix. And see what was good and bad in production. I also strongly want that those will buy one send me a feedback on the product so i can see if some stuff is not to their liking.

I might rework my tetris case as well :)

Hey, which other Konami PCBs will this work with? Maybe sell a couple at a time to people?
well.. i could check if another pcb fits in if you can give me the konami pcb distance between holes to fix it.
but the holes made for reaching left and right speaker volume or test button might be off if not at the same place.

But once i make a Case...i can alway reproduce it easy if i can get an order of 5+
so for now i get asterix only and maybe tetris....but the more i'll get done the more cases i can do in 1 order
(for exemple 1x astérix + 2x tetris + 2x arkanoid...will only need to check in for colors)

god I would want a ton of these. Tmnt tmnttit simpsons and even maybe you'll do other vendors I have a bubble bobble and a night slashers and a lifeforce I'd kill to have one of these for.

The only thing i'm starting to wonder.

when i made my own case. i didnt thought it would get people to ask for some.
So i happily went ahead and made plans and process...but now...looking at it.

i do put the konami logo right on it and use asterix picture.... i didn't ask for rights to go on and put them there.
I'm not gonna make a ton of money but i do get a profit. (wich will help me make more or buy other pcbs)
could i be in trouble ? i really don't want to bring tha hammer of law right back on my head here ^^; that would be a disaster for my family. -_-
i don't plan to start a webpage to sell any products... selling here suits me fine, people are great.
but maybe i should be cautious and remove them ?

any thoughts ?

Last edited:
Your concerns seem valid, but I don't think Konami will come after you here for a few dozen or so cases, but if you did make a website... who know?

Since @Mitsurugi-w runs this site, I would say make sure it's OK with him before continuing.

Echoing @'xtrasmiley''s statement, as long as you're keeping this relatively low-key, I think you'll be fine. @hursit puts Capcom's logo on his CPS2 and CPS3 cases and nothing's gone wrong there, he even has a website.

But concern is never a bad thing, IMO.

Thx to you both :)

ill seek advise.

as for the case, back on mine, i noticed yesterday that the hole for Right volume is a little off.
it's still ok to get to the adjust volume but it's not right in the middle (left one is ok)
this will be corrected next.

so just to be sure, are you guys ok with adjusting those with a little tool ?
as for the hole for test button is big enough to insert a finger to push it :)

Ok seems like i should be ok with all those rights. I don't think i'll get taht much attention with my cases anyway.
if yes, i'll tell you guys about it.

ok now about some minor changes
Last thing i'm about to test is if i could manage to write the name of the PCB (Astérix)

on both sides.
wich would be nice addition.

Ill just use one of the scraps and paint it red.
Or use a small layer of lexan to cover the Astérix logo holes

...hard to say...maybe a picture would be better :)
*not actual product* haha

Attachments

• asterix.jpg
    asterix.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 225
I say no to the latest addition bc it would make it harder to use for other PCBs.

I say no to the latest addition bc it would make it harder to use for other PCBs.
This particular case is made for Asterix specifically so won't suit other PCBs anyway. The volume pot etc will be in the wrong place for other PCBs

I also thinks that the positions won't follow from one pcb to another.
unless you can show me 2 exact same pcb from konami, in that case i could only swap names if needed.

It's not that hard ;) i just need a couple minutes to think of a logo and make the machine do it.
once a case is done.. all i need is a push of buttons....problem is the cost of starting the damn thing XD

damn it. i mirrored my text on the case at one side
...i was quite sadened with a phone call, my aunt is about to die (cancer :( )
well ...sad news and precision don't match well

at least it's only on the new prototype (lol)

Attachments

• 20191003_095006.jpg
    20191003_095006.jpg
    947.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 20191003_095000.jpg
    20191003_095000.jpg
    808.9 KB · Views: 206
@Escarioth your case looks amazing ! Sorry to hear about your aunt, I too have a terminally ill auntie with cancer - all's we can do is enjoy the time we have left with them. I'm seeing my auntie this weekend :thumbup:

Back