What's new
Update time !

mostly everyone has been contacted about labels and stuff.
if not please send me a PM

I'm currently working those labels, was doing so yesterday while watching @psykom1 's stream :) hehe (thanks for showing my tetris case :D)
very nice to watch ! i'll surely come by from time to time :)

Ok , whats new !
i post a picture with new little changes.

-new air vent : because i know that some B-board may have more chips in that section... i can't really know if it will heat or not so prefer to not take any chances...
and besides, it won't hurt to have a little more.

-Volume hole has been better centered. It should be *mostly* centered but i can't make a new model, but based on mine it should not be far from perfect.

-Added one more insert for front panel...because it looked weird. having 3 and one side without one. it will also be more solid.

-Made the connectors holes on front panel bigger... i not sure if you guys need more space for unplugging connectors for players3-4..
i was think they were a little too close so i decided to get the hole a little more bigger just in case.

-Stickers (green line) will be a smaller (just a little) to fit with new hole and will have round edge.

-Screws on both front and side panel will be changed to round head (ill try to get black ones) since i can't get any from a shortage from my supplier.
I guess it will look better...having counter sunk was making holes bigger and it was reaching the labels... i think it will look better.

Price will be 120us with a -5usd reduction for making order up to the requested amount i asked !
(i really tryed to get a better price by making some stuff by hand myself....but syndical laws binded me to make me pay for every little stuff ¬_¬ because of that i will even have to change my previous price announced on other cases...BUT @Derick2k and @Loki will get the previous announced price for asterix case wich is 100usd -5usd (95usd), don't worry guys :) )

i will PM you everybody when i'm ready to collect money :) (friday most probably)

Attachments

• update.png
    update.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 182
while i finish things up here with cps1 cases order final details,
ill try a new proto along the other cases

here's what might be the final product on Double Dragon 2 case.

japan text and revenge will be on top, (orange for japanese test and red for revenge)
everything will be laser cut (color blue like astérix if possible)
the big number 2 will have a plate underneath wich will be painted yellow the color will spead all around the
double dragon logo.

will it look beautifull ? hmm can't say...ill check for a lighter blue if i can.
(and a double dragon II logo on sides)

Attachments

• dd2proto2.png
    dd2proto2.png
    132.6 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: ack
So, lots of ups and down with the list.
Orders are closed but you may still have a chance i could add one or two if you contact me in time.

I will contact everyone during this weekend for the money/shipping. Theres still a few labels i need to make, production should start next week if i got all money/materials in hands, else ill keep you updated.

Ok guys,

10 cases to make.
everything is set, i only miss a few money here and there,
i should be ok to move the project forward and be able to ship fast :)

7x cps1 cases.
2x astérix case
1x sexy parodius case

Also, @Derick2k will be the last one with pink sexy parodius, that color is now depleted. Next one will have a darker pink tone, or maybe a lighter one, ill have to check this IF someone order another one :)

@Escarioth is it possible to see what the Bottom and Top ends look like, where the Jamma connectors are?

if you put case on vertical, the jamma plug would be on top.

distance from pcb to the base (after installing plastic disks) is approx .500"

here's an old picture from previous tests.

Attachments

• cps1-3.jpg
    cps1-3.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 150
Thanks! Anyway we can enclose the ends a little more? Something like these CPS2 cases?

Attachments

• 3B58E2E8-1666-4B85-B3EC-270D001FE141.jpeg
    3B58E2E8-1666-4B85-B3EC-270D001FE141.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 155
  • darksoft-vs-cps2-enclosure-4.png
    darksoft-vs-cps2-enclosure-4.png
    347.4 KB · Views: 197
for now i can'T do that.
i was aiming at making all cases like that.

Having a full side open really helps evacuating all that heat IMO.
(especially sexy parodius)

I could in the futur make 2 more bendings to close up that part if people thinks its ok.

but since i dont plan to use fans.. EXCEPT for KI-KI2....wich heats like burning hell.

but since i dont plan to use fans.. EXCEPT for KI-KI2....wich heats like burning hell.
I don't own a KI/KI2 (and lord knows I don't care about that game) but I would actually recommend using a fan in that case.
My friend Bill added a heatsink to his PCB, it made a big difference in temps (I think this board actually needs it).

I don't own a KI/KI2 (and lord knows I don't care about that game) but I would actually recommend using a fan in that case.My friend Bill added a heatsink to his PCB, it made a big difference in temps (I think this board actually needs it).
Where was the new heatsink ?
i know there's one chip with a heatsink wich i glued a fan over to help it stay alive lol

Id be open for double dragon and double dragon 2 cages.
Proto is on he way ! it will have quite a look :)
Look in pics uploaded to see text that will be included.

as for everyone's order. it started this morning. still a long way to go !
Everyone will have a small extra CPS1 logo made from aluminum :) (only for this order)
just for fun. (no paint)
Here's a movie about how it goes for one main part of a cps1 case.

...and well.. someone wanted to play a joke on me while i filmed...don't mind that music ¬_¬ (0:53)

Attachments

• 71959400_776285772822989_5025849186499690496_n.jpg
    71959400_776285772822989_5025849186499690496_n.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 78131487_2913784918683584_1493566648026660864_n.jpg
    78131487_2913784918683584_1493566648026660864_n.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 116
  • cps1.jpg
    cps1.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Updating !

well, since we're going into this month's end it went a bit slower then expected.
cases are still in the process don't worry everyone ;) (they're waiting in line))

I had to think about those cases seriously. I have to say that using the company's names/logo (like capcom and konami) and stuff like that is rather
dangerous to play with. Being a fan i always try to make stuff very precise ...but selling it to others is another story.
The cases i've done so far have everything like i've shown so don't worry. Nothing's been changed.

But those might be the only ones with company name/logo carved directly on the case itself. I'll do some researches on that matter
and will look for some way to twist everything in a legal way so i don't get in troubles :) if anyone have some tips or help ;) tell me !

anyway !

while i wait,why not shown what's been done with Battletoads so far ! :)
(and yes, i will have to look for what i can do about Battletoads as well)

Attachments

• btproto.png
    btproto.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 138
Back