What's new
Got my CPS1 case today and it looks fantastic :)

Thank you!

qbH75aV.jpg

i managed to get a hold of a sega-16b (non working pcb) Thanks to @brentradio
so i can study how it looks :) (I'll repair it later)

I'll probably come up with something to put them in :)
now the big question. Can it works for the multi ? hmmm.. i sincerely don't know.
I'll aim first for those who would like to keep their Sega16 without changes/addon.
It should be a bit similar to the CPS1 case i did (up here)

slim case, SYSTEM-16 written on it + a spot to put the game cover on a plate.
Case might be blue or black , not sure. I've made ideas on autocad to play with
I'll probably show you guys later for opinions.

I wanted some other Sega-16 pcb
If @Derick2k would answer my pms now :P

been a bit crazy for me. Between, running my business, home schooling my son, looking after family, leaves little time for the hobby, extras.
Same here. Specially the home schooling is a killer. Kids are tired and parents as well. Also, kids need to meet other kids.

I wanted some other Sega-16 pcb
If @Derick2k would answer my pms now
Sorry bro, been a bit crazy for me. Between, running my business, home schooling my son, looking after family, leaves little time for the hobby, extras.
Ill trade ya for cases :D , what do you have in the works??
Don't worry i fully understand, just wanted to make sure you didnt forget about me XD haha
i'm more then ok with trades :) next cases in line this year will be :

(not in that particular order)

-sega-16 (not multi) to be shown later
-battletoads (to be added in a few)
-bubble bobble (super bootleg version, but ill try to check with an original if it might fit with a few tricks)
- (?) more choices from the list on 1st page of this thread

if i get some time or you'd like one of them, check the list of my pcb on page 1 and just point me what you'd like and ill think of something.

if i get some time or you'd like one of them, check the list of my pcb on page 1 and just point me what you'd like and ill think of something.
If I get to vote... I would say go for SegaSonic because if you do it similar to your CPS1 games, that should be easy enough to adapt to any System32 game, and then I can beg you for a Spiderman one :D

If I get to vote... I would say go for SegaSonic because if you do it similar to your CPS1 games, that should be easy enough to adapt to any System32 game, and then I can beg you for a Spiderman one :D
The segasonic will be done but im not ready yet, this one will be a system 32 *special* with possibility of 3x db9 attach to the base for trackballs custom plug,

Each trackballs will have a small case like controller. But im far from final idea... So yeah probably could work out a standard sys32 first and look for a few addons for segasonic laters.

I'd take a Sega System 32 case for Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder! :D

I'm also stoked for a potential upcoming Sega System 16 case. Hope we can get one that supports the Multi and OLED selector.

i'll check what diferences there is between a system16b vs 32

maybe after ive done system16 i can do a system 32 easy if they're not too diferents.

just looking at it system 32 just seem a bit bigger

for now i can say that's there is high chance i can show prototype of both super bubble bobble and System16 during summer ;)
and from the look of it. system16 case could be around same price of cps1 OR just a little bit higger since i use more raw material.
I'm still not set on color as well.

it could probably go like this.

like ? dislike ?

i could always shorthen the system 16 logo..
and give a sega sticker away ...or maybe just burn the sega logo like capcom cps1

this is just a starting idea :)
to access dip switch you can remove part of the plate with 6 on it.

Edit : Wonder if black completely would be better

Attachments

• segatest.png
    segatest.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
along the Sega16 i told a few people i was working on a bubble bobble case.
still far from finish. that proto Will probably be done with sega16 proto

For a change ill use part plexy for front display. i thought it be nice to see pcb under for a change.
i could put a few bubbles here and there glued (but not sure yet)

and well.. color...
first i wanted to reproduce the BB arcade flyer on a case.
it would have been yellow :P but with all those bubbles.. ill have yet to see if i could use a color to go along this design.
A light blue might be best or maybe white.

so as always :) thoughts ?

Attachments

• bubble.jpg
    bubble.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 103
Just a thought, I have always avoided any sort of plexi acrylic parts and prefer metal because they crack when you try to clean with isopropyl alcohol. Given current covid-19 outbreak, I’m guessing everyone is disinfecting stuff they purchase.

I think i recall something about what you say from the guys at paint dept.

I didnt think about that, and yep it could do some damage to the material ill use. Unless no one cleans it with alcohol and just make it wait 48h upon receiving.

OR I can replace the plexy by alu but might have to rethink a bit the whole design so it feels right. Ill see what i can do

thanks for pointing that out :)

Ok , Back to work !

(at last ~*)

so order #2 is still not yet complete until everyone got their hands on their cases :)
But since i fear i'm going to forget names and orders i will open pre-orders #3

When everything is ready at least ill have a list of everyone i can contact if they're still in :)
yes battletoads is availlable (i just need a few check ups first but should be ok by then)

so from what i remember ill write names on the front pages.
feel free to tell me again if i forget someone :)

Back