What's new

Duke

Student
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a simple question that has been bothering me. Right now everything is wired for Jamma in my cab but I want to add a brooks universal fighting board to connect a ps4 (or pc eventually).

What is the best way to do so ? The quick and dirty way would be to connect 2 wires from the buttons/stick to the brooks adapter but it means if the JAMMA is powered at the same time it will receive inputs and I'm not even sure about the other electrical side effects ;)

I was thinking maybe use an old printer connector (db 25) and wire the buttons/stick and connect to a db25 "switch" ( https://www.amazon.com/C2G-Cables-4-Port-Manual-Switch/dp/B0000512C5#customerReviews) and select which system receives the input.

So I'm here to avoid making mistakes and get instant wisdom from someone who already did that :D

Is there a magical board with quick connect for sticks/buttons that would solve this problem ?

Thanks !

I dunno what you’re doing for video but this is a nice project that solved both video and controls for a crt cab: Xbox360 To JAMMA Adapter

I dunno what you’re doing for video but this is a nice project that solved both video and controls for a crt cab: Xbox360 To JAMMA Adapter
Not exactly what I want but thanks for the pointer !

One question in case you have the answer: the PB.JAMMA Project Adapter Board looks useful but I couldn't find the pinout especially how the 20 pin connector is mapped to the Jamma connector, any idea ?

Thanks !

Not exactly what I want but thanks for the pointer !
One question in case you have the answer: the PB.JAMMA Project Adapter Board looks useful but I couldn't find the pinout especially how the 20 pin connector is mapped to the Jamma connector, any idea ?

Thanks !
The 20 pin connector is mapped out on Brooks website.

Thanks for that I've seen it but I guess I must not be expressing myself properly so let me try again ;)

Looking at the 20 pins connector on the brook fighting board 1p button 4, and 2p button4 for are on pin 11, 16 on the J9 connector on what pin would they be connected to on the "PB.JAMMA Project Adapter Board" on the jamma edge. AFAIK they could be 25/c or 15/s or any other unused pin on the jamma connector but without having the board I can't trace how they are connected. Does it make sense ?

There's a CPS1 style kick connector on the PBJAMMA board that the kick buttons are mapped to from the 20 pin connector.

A litte bit more context to my "issue". My cab already has 2 jamma connectors, 1 is connected to a pandora box, the other one to an xbox 360 timer board (with the wiring attached: using 25,26,27,15 for the extra buttons and 9,11 for menu and back).

I originally planned on finding a way to connect buttons/sticks ->switch->brooks fighting board to allow for selection but then @ekorz gave me a link and I thought maybe I could just reuse the existing jamma connector to the xbox 360 board (just for controls no video/audio) since I really won't need it after this mod.

Now I think I'll basically get rid of the xbox 360 timer board and reuse this connector to hook up the universal fighting board via a PB.JAMMA Project Adapter Board so that is why I need to know where they map 4k,select/home on the jamma connector and see if I could use it.

I've ordered it so I'll update when I receive it.

Thanks !

Attachments

• button selection.png
    button selection.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 553
Back