What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Hello,
I just got a Taito Type X2 system and a while back I got a multi HD kit. When I boot up the system I can see the Taito Type X2 screen and the loading bar but then I get a blue screen.. Unfortunately I do not have any other HD or original games to test.. Any help would be great. Anything that o can check? All cables seem secure and there are jumpers on the Jamma board ? Do I need to check anything there?

Thank You!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 774
I have no experience with Taito at all, do forgive me if this sounds silly but as it's running Windows98 maybe the error text itself will give you a hint? Did you try googling for the error? I can't read the error from the picture.

the exact error = PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONEPAGE_AREA
STOP: 0X00000050 OXF8BCF058, 0X00000000, OX804DF09A, 0X00000000..

The unit came with 512 MEM.. I have new memory which I have tried with both..no luck at all. The system just keeps rebooting after about 3 minutes from the blue screen of death.

It's possible the hdd is dead. Hard to tell without something else to test in the pcb though.

Quick Google says "This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced." What that means, idk.

more info..
I have two of those 2 of those 1GB memory and I am trying with both only and the original 512MB.. Here is what I see..the HD needs to bootup a lot of times, then that error goes away, then i see the menu for the games, but nothing, the menu it is frozen.. then I reboot again, then on the game menu, there are a lot more games on the list that the first time.. I press the 1 player start and blue screen with a same error and a nv4_displ.ll

Here is a newbie question -- My setup right now.. capcom Jamma I/O.. video and USB cable connected to the Type X2 system.. the cab is an Egreet 2..on the Taito Type x2 system Jamma card,, jumper 1 and 5 are on the on position.. Do I have the correct setup, should it work?

Last edited:
The USB cable from the Capcom IO goes into the USB port of the PCI card (I presume you have that right, but I'm just checking- RS485 and USB don't get along)

A bit more googling your error.

BCCode: 50 0x00000050

Cause

The BCCode 50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed
hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).
Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.
Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.

Yeah it seems pretty wacky- I ran a test on it at my desk (so no JVS) using the multigame drive before I mailed the board out the other day...
25027210294_02d1b35e9d_z.jpg

Hopefully my drive gives you better luck!
another thought- the multigame you have is definitely for X2, and not X1 right?

Yeah it seems pretty wacky- I ran a test on it at my desk (so no JVS) using the multigame drive before I mailed the board out the other day...
25027210294_02d1b35e9d_z.jpg

Hopefully my drive gives you better luck!
another thought- the multigame you have is definitely for X2, and not X1 right?
I sold him the multi-game, and like you, I tested it out for a few hours before sending it out. It's definitely X2, I don't even own an X1, haha! We'll get it worked out between the few of us I'm sure.

Yeah- thankfully I'm kinda local to him if all else fails :)

Do you have a spare sata hard drive thats atleast 60GB?

@Niko.. Defor is lending me his HD for testing.. I will PM you of the issue is the HD. thanks

Defor stopped by my place and fixed the issue with the Taito Type X system..Wowwwwww.. That is what I call customer service.. thank you very much Defor, the system works great and loos awesome on the WG 9800... love it:).. I will buy staff from you any time of the day:) big thank you!

Glad I could make it over there to sort out the issues.

For anyone else following this- I cleaned and reseated the video card's PCI connector, and tightened the DVI adapter down- it took me a little while to remember the specifics, but I had similar issues when I first got the system.

Has anyone else had similar issues with the video card being a little *** if not seated perfectly on the X2?

I've had issues where I boot up the TX2 and get a long series of beeps and no booting. Reseating everything usually fixes it. I had the same issue with my Lindbergh but removing the PCI cards and cleaning the contacts with the same method I use for CPS3 carts did the trick. No problems since.

Pictures of the Taito Type X2 in action.. looks very good on the WG9800 and WG9200:), Capcom I/O and HAS supergun with sega saturn adapters.. the VGA is straight to the WG off course.. My only complain with the Taito Type X2 system is that the power supply is extremely loud.

Question - I wanted to play the Taito Type X2 in the Egreet II but the Egreet II CRT is only 15khz and 24khz.. I thought that the Capcom I/O would downscale the 31khz from the Taito Type x2 to 15khz but I did not see that.. am I missing a setting at the I/O or at the Type X2 system to make the system work on the Egreet II CRT? anyone.. @Niko - since you are the subject matter expert on the Type X2. thanks for the reply.

Attachments

• image2-4.JPG
    image2-4.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 311
  • image3-3.JPG
    image3-3.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 300
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 292
  • image4-2.JPG
    image4-2.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 329
  • image1-4.JPG
    image1-4.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 327
I am having the same issue just recently received a Taito Type X2 and received a Multidrive same problem blue screen.

image1.JPG
image1.JPG

Back