What's new

EverythingWhiffs

Beginner
Reaction score
I had a problem very similar to the one in this thread except it happened after switching from one ROM set to another and now I can't seem to fix it.

I just got the multikit yesterday from Paradise Arcade, set up the hardware as specified in the guide by Mitsurugi-W by using my dead MvC1 board and upon trying to run the new roll-up pack I was greeted with the LCD acting normally but nothing displaying on my CRT. after doing some troubleshooting I found out I would either have to solder to the small pads for the 4-wire setup or I would have to run the old ROM roll-up. After some frustration and no success with getting a good enough join I decided to un-solder the wires from the Darksoft board and use the old set of ROMs. After i loaded them to my SD card I started getting the message "LCD init" when trying to boot, I googled that tried what was in the previously linked thread, and still got the error. As far as I've been told, you shouldn't have to solder for the old roll-up, but I figured if I had to I would just try again with the 4-wire setup, the problem being when I switched back to the new roll-up, I was still getting the error on the LCD. That's where I currently stand on my situation and I was working on this from when I got home from work at 10:45ish last night to about 5:30 in the morning.

If I made any apparent mistakes, please feel free to educate me on how to fix it. If you need some pictures of the board I will have to provide them later tonight after work.

Sounds like you got solder somewhere that it shouldnt be. Probably bridging a pin on the ARM.

Would you happen to have a picture of the area in question? There might be a few parts I need to clean up after my trip to the hardware store tomorrow. I feel it should also be mentioned that the kit behaves normally when no SD card is inserted, forgot to mention that earlier if that's any help.

The ARM is the big square chip next to the solder pads.

You can try a different SD card also.

That did the trick! It recognizes the new ROMs now, so I'm gonna see if I can run the old ones without too much of an issue.

Solved the jailbars, it was just a connection issue between the A and B boards. Thanks for helping me figure this out, Mitsurugi, I really appreciate it!

Back