What's new

dremcast

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello recently I bough 1 time crisis 4 deluxe machine but sadly both cpu are dead I change for standar 256 system now have video but game won’t boot saying error msg . I know time crisis 4 use super system 256 but . Are there any way or any modification allow me use standar system 256 to as replacement cpu ??? Or something ???

Ok so you’re looking at both sets of hardware? Maybe you can confirm what looks different.

I’m under the impression that the super256 just has the gun I/o built in, but is otherwise the same. That could mean that if you add a gun IO to a standard 256 that it will run Time Crisis 4. I really haven’t tried though since I don’t have the proper io myself.

So do you have a gun io hooked up? Got some photos of your setup and the error message?

I’m under the impression that the super256 just has the gun I/o built in, but is otherwise the same
Its way more than that
The Super motherboard is simply a higher clocked (and I think more buffer RAM) motherboard, without the mode select jumper soldered in, and a new system bios. It's entire purpose is to support Time Crisis 4, although some other games work fine on it (albeit with speedup in some cases)
Also, don't attempt to switch it to 246+ mode- the PCB really does NOT like this (presumably due to the lack of the relevant BIOS bits necessary.
AFAIK there is no known way to play TC4 on a normal System 256

Way back in around 2009 elsemi from M2 emulator fame, patched it to work on a regular 256. Sadly do not have it, but shame that a lot of stuff never got archived.

Cool :)
What if i want to try just for fun, what is this bin replacing to?

Does this work with a TC3 gun IO or does it still require the IR array and TC4 guns? If you could mod the game to run with the old TC2/3 guns and IO that would be amazing.

How does the 256 version compare to the S256 Ver?

I cannot take credit any of this, other than comparing numerous Time Crisis 4 dumps.
The only difference is a two byte change to the TC4LOAD file.

NM00032 TSF100X-NA-A, Ver.A49
Time Crisis 4

TC4LOAD:

FIND: 7C 84 83 8F 10 00 60 14
REPLACE: 7C 84 83 8F 10 00 00 10

Attachments

• System2X6-TSF-Non-Super-Hack-Xdelta.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 467
This is awesome! What type of guns would be compatible with this?

This is awesome! What type of guns would be compatible with this?
Game communicates with an I/O board over JVS so theoretically any JVS board with analog control support will work unless Time Crisis 4 has additional checks to only work with specific I/O boards. By default, the game uses those OMZ IR guns (commonly known as Sega Type 2) to output 5v analog signals (player 1's x and y axis only) to the JVS I/O board's A/D channel pins (0 and 1). If one wanted to keep the same I/O board, they could build anything that controls A/D channels 0 and 1 (like wiring a positional gun's potentiometers to these A/D channel pins).

I cannot take credit any of this, other than comparing numerous Time Crisis 4 dumps.
The only difference is a two byte change to the TC4LOAD file.

NM00032 TSF100X-NA-A, Ver.A49
Time Crisis 4

TC4LOAD:

FIND: 7C 84 83 8F 10 00 60 14
REPLACE: 7C 84 83 8F 10 00 00 10
How does Taiko Master 7 work?

Back