What's new

ArcadeMan203

Beginner
Reaction score
I have the 6 slot jamma board in my Simpsons arcade and have ran into a issue where all the 3rd and 4th player controls are stuck in the closed position.
I can not get player 3 and 4 to work. It looks like someone that had the system before me created their own harness for 3 and 4.

Thinking of buying a new kick harness and rewire 3rd and 4th player controls but I am very new to wiring and such.

Sorry for the bad cell pics

phpvijXEzAM.jpg
phpw0VYjMAM.jpg

Attachments

• php87bKEqAM.jpg
    php87bKEqAM.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 219
here is a pic when going into test mode for the Simpsons. As you can see the controls show constant contact phpREjuhjAM.jpg

Rewiring might not be a bad idea, but what happens when you try the board straight to the JAMMA harness in the cab, and not the 6 slot switcher?

it works except player 3 and 4 when attached dont work. I dont think its the jamma board as player 1 and 2 work fine since they run through the board. It's only player 3 and 4 that are giving me a issue.

I should mention I have tmnt, avengers, and sunset riders which all have the same issue when plugged in making me lean more towards a wiring issue with the 3rd and 4th player.

think I figured it out....dont think the original owner added diodes to the kick harness which when all the games are plugged in gives a false reading to the arcade making it think all the buttons on the kick are being pressed. I'm going to take out the harnest and try to add some diodes

Back