What's new
Are you sure he set the options of the SCSI2SD, or did he just write the image to SD card for you?
You of course need to do both, first set the SCSI2SD options, then image the card.

SCSI2SD Utility
15WAauZ.png

dKLiYOT.png

If your ribbon cable worked with the original CD-ROM it still works and isn't the issue.
You can skip the molex power cable, it isn't needed with SCSI2SD device (ribbon cable only).
UjUUEpT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• CB366DDF-D0F2-45BE-8042-F09B8123ADFE.jpeg
    CB366DDF-D0F2-45BE-8042-F09B8123ADFE.jpeg
    324.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 60BCF4EA-6264-4F9F-802F-A687A16644FF.jpeg
    60BCF4EA-6264-4F9F-802F-A687A16644FF.jpeg
    541.8 KB · Views: 210
Where can I buy a good ribbon cable for this set up? I just went with that one off of ebay but it might be bad.

First remove that molex power cord, you don't need it.
I highly doubt the cable is bad, what I see in your pictures is you didn't line up pin 1 of the ribbon on both ends (red stripe).
The red strip should always be closest to power on both the CPS3 motherboard and SCSI2SD PCB.

BOQmN5R.jpg

See mine?
7GtwfmX.jpg

Notice how on both boards the red strip of the ribbon is closest to the power connector of both devices?
I think you'll need a longer cable to do the "twist" in the center to flip the cable around, or just keep the SCSI2SD upside down.
Maybe is a bad ribbon cable, that’s the only thing that could be wrong.
Only thing? Nope, never underestimate the power of user error. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you burn the “custom” superbios image, not the “standard”

Make sure to enable parity and scsi ID to “1”

Alright, I’ll follow your instructions. Hopefully that fixes the issue. I might have to get a longer cable too. Thanks guys

Did you press player 1 start to get in to program screen?

What kind of power supply are you running in that cabinet?

Yessir I did but nothing happens. Is stuck in that “checking disk” screen

gotta hold p1 start to get to the program screen

No, I haven’t gotten home from work. I will try to reverse the ribbon cable when I get home tonight. Will let you know....

Yeah, what he said. Thank you jassin for pointing that out.

how dare you guys question how I set up his SCSI2SD?!? LOL. JK.
I didn't question it once I was sure you had, I thought maybe you just put the CD image on SD for him and flashed his CPS3 cart.
Yea once he said you had the same hardware working on your setup, I knew it had to be cable related, but new SCSI cables coming in bad?
Fuck I've never seen a bad one in my life (even creased beat to shit looking ones from 1990)... Only... If you plug it in backwards, yea that's just not going to work. ;)

Back