What's new

ArcadeMan203

Beginner
Reaction score
so I recently got a Simpsons arcade with a 6 in 1 jamma and a few games. When I checked out the hacked up harnesses I new there would be issues. The 3 and 4 player were stuck on like you were holding buttons but only if other boards were hooked up at the same time.
After some research I believe that its becUse the person never but diodes on the harnesses and the are sensing ghost feedback to the arcade saying the buttons for 3 and 4 are being held down.
The person I got it from said he never had a issue like that before though I'm not sure how. Anyways im new to this and dont know what size diods to use....is there anyone in CT who could help ke as I dont solder eaither. I'll gladly through a few bucks your way. If not I'll just give it a shot I guess but still need to know what diodes.

Thabks in advance!!!!
phpw0VYjMAM.jpg

Attachments

• php87bKEqAM.jpg
    php87bKEqAM.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 287
so I wired in the diodes the correct way with the line said towards the buttons and now the machine isnt reading player 3 and 4. Any clue

I say get your multimeter out and start testing continuity and make sure all your wiring is correct on those button that have a fault. Also double check that hey are going to the right pins/locations.

Back