What's new

wolffworkshop

Student
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve recently joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. My name’s Ben Wolff and I’m predominantly a NEO-GEO fan. I’m working on producing a halfish scale cab with custom exterior to fit with peoples home tastes and decor. Something I found out to be called in HI-FI circles the WAF, or a Wife Acceptance Factor. I have tonnes of questions for many people but understand that’s not the way to start! I’m grateful to anyone that wants to say hello and point me to the right place to start chatting. I’m in the UK also. Ben

Thanks for that. I’ll certainly take a look. Most of my thoughts currently are about repairing boards and troubleshooting. I have an SNK 1B & 1C that are both currently not working after having been fine for ages. Do you know of a repository for schematics and chip spec look up books that are on everyone’s shelf? I also need to track down some tech repair chaps in the UK. There, I’ve splurged a load of questions now. Sorry it had to be you! Ben

I usually throw my "help me with this board repair" questions in: General Arcade Tech Help or General Jamma and pre-Jamma. There are a few specific subforums but not for Neo Geo.

There are a bunch of repair logs folks have made, good to look through: Arcade-Projects User's Repair Logs

I don't know about chip spec books that everyone has, I mostly just google the part and find a datasheet. I don't get stumped that way often, and I don't think any neo geo components are going to throw you. MV1F schematics are here.

There are some folks from the UK on here for sure. @Hammy comes to mind as someone who's repaired his fair share of boards. Check out his youtube. @XianXi has lots of neo experience (JNX on other forums) though he's not in the UK. Plenty of other folks can help, might as well surf around for a bit and post some photos/screenshots to see if anyone can help.

Last edited:
Thanks for all that. I’ll read what I can find. I’ve looked at trying to get arcade pcb’s via eBay but there must be a better way. £600 for Golden Axe 2 is not pretty. Thanks for your help. I’ll get stuck in.

Buying pcbs is a whole other matter. But for golden axe 2 I recommend finding a cheaper system 32 game like j League (super visual football) and converting it

Released: Golden Axe 2 Desuicide

There may be a system32 multi in the works too at some point

If the problem with neo geo's is battery damage depending how bad it is, it can be game over.
Take the cases off and have a look!

FWIW, I don't think golden axe 2 is worth £200, you can get them for about 100 if you sit around.
There's some bizzare thing out there where people will pay silly money to have the game tomorrow and not wait for a deal ;)

Haven’t seen a GA2 for that low in a while. I also don’t think it’s worth that much, but I think the only want to get one for cheap is to convert one yourself!

Hell, an untested one sold for 282usd recently on eBay. Which means broken. Which probably just means suicided, but why gamble for that much.

Last edited:
Back