What's new

Lojack44

Student
Reaction score
I have the memory card properly formatted, the game supposedly playing is displaying on the lcd, I have the encrypted ROMS and just did the wiring from CN9 to the pads and double checked the wiring diagram for accuracy. Now I only get a solid grey screen. Any ideas?

Using a previous Marvel vs Capcom rev. 7 board with G-PAL

Update 4-24-19 Ok, so I tried selecting a different game, and the screen goes black while I choose a game, then once it writes the keys just turns grey again

Attachments

• BC356C01-990C-4E56-8080-8D9506E4D5D9.jpeg
    BC356C01-990C-4E56-8080-8D9506E4D5D9.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 280
  • 0F4D8896-7759-4DA7-8DA8-60DDA15F5807.jpeg
    0F4D8896-7759-4DA7-8DA8-60DDA15F5807.jpeg
    450.9 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
I’d pop a little flux on the yellow wire going into swd6, then heat it to get a better joint. It looks suspect, might be the issue.

Otherwise is your multi from the current batch, in other words is it running the most recent firmware? You could snap some photos of the other connection points, and we, sometimes the interconnect board not being seated right will cause black screen like that.

I received it about a year ago from Paradise so I’m pretty sure it already has the latest FW. I don’t know if the board itself is clear of data, as it was not suicided. I just desoldered the battery and removed the chips...

usually if it had the old keys stored it'd be a colored screen, not black. you can short EXC5 near the old battery with a flat-head screwdriver if you want to be sure. It won't hurt to load the newest firmware to rule that out too. did you try securing that yellow wire and making sure everything is seated firmly?

Hi, I think responded to your Facebook post, but your interconnect board is backwards. You'll need to reinstall it the correct way around or the main program ROMs can't be accessed and it won't boot.

Hi,

I know it s an old thread however I m facing the exact same issue. My multi was working like a charm and yersteday morning I just power on my board and got this grey screen.

So did you finally fixed it?

Thanks

Unless your interconnect board is backwards, it's hard to say. Post some pictures please. Did you change anything at all? Can you try with a brand new microSD from trusted source?

Back