What's new

penrhos

Grand Master
Reaction score
Bought an ex-board from YAJ and its arrived dead after a 70 day sea freight.

Pulled it apart and the CMOS battery was flat, replaced it with a known good one and the PSU is also dead - so I have the PCB on my desk connected to an ATX PSU - suprisingly the PCB fires up and displays a picture, unfortunately the CMOS settings are scrambled and it's stuck at "Press F1 to continue or Del to enter bios"

I need to reset the CPU ratio and clock as they're the errors I'm getting.

Only problem is the bios is password protected = anyone know the password?

Once I've got the CMOS sorted I'll replace the PSU with a Pico one and re-assemble it.

Then all I need is some carts for it (which look like they're protected IDE DOM modules).

Of am I better off replacing the bios with the OEM version and running the EX-games from the TTX2 multi?

Oh man, I think you won one which I was looking at! Did you buy it working?

I cannot help with your problems, but I will likely have the same ones when/if I snag one of these.

Good luck!

Tried that - doesn't work on this pcb....

Out of interest if I replace the Custom BIOS with the OEM EPIA-LN1000EG one will it still run examu games? (I have the downloaded versions for the TTX2 multi and TP).

At least the motherboard isn't fried...

bios chip is labelled

"PMC"
Pm49FL004T-33JCE

If I get a : PLCC-32 49FL004T Flash memory chip and the OEM bios from here : http://cdn.viaembedded.com/eol_products/software/epia-ln/BIOS/I1800104.BIN and program it using a dip32-PLCC32 adapter in my GQ-4X it should revert to a standard motherboard.

Last edited:
Burnt the OEM BIOS to a PMC 94FL004T and the EPIA-LN1000EG PCB works fine, just need to test the rest of the bits and fix/replace as required. Had to use the TL866CS and an adapter as the GQ-4X wouldn't program it.

Quick update - replaced some capacitors on the PSU and the PC is now working from a 12V PSU with the OEM BIOS - I can install XP and drivers onto a 4Gb CF card in an IDE-CF adapter and the mainboard seems to be behaving as normal.

I have the EXamu files that are floating around - If I get a 2Gb DOM do I install windows onto it and then copy the files across as they don't seem to be complete with O/S files?

Back