What's new

PascalP

Legendary
Reaction score
Just got my Namco System 256 including Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection and I'm wondering if there is something I could do with the network port.

Is it possible for a private user outside of Japan to use any of the Tekken network functions?
Or can this port serve another purpose like linking 2 systems together for VS. play?

i'm also interested in an answer to this.

Also is the card system for tekken 5 stand alone or does it require a connection to namco servers?

iI honestly dont know but I'm sure that defor can shed some light here.

i'm also interested in an answer to this.

Also is the card system for tekken 5 stand alone or does it require a connection to namco servers?
If you by the card system mean the IC-cards for storing progress they don't need any connection to Namco or anything else. You only need a card reader connected to your 256. Regarding the network functions I haven't tried any of those :(

The USA/Export versions of Tekken 5/DR are standalone and have no network functions- the JPN versions require a dedicated 256 running Live Monitor on the same network for base functionality, and access to Tekken.net via proxy for the internet services (clearly offline)

In addition, the IC cards are not interchangeable between JPN and the rest of the world and vice-versa.

The USA/Export versions of Tekken 5/DR are standalone and have no network functions- the JPN versions require a dedicated 256 running Live Monitor on the same network for base functionality, and access to Tekken.net via proxy for the internet services (clearly offline)

In addition, the IC cards are not interchangeable between JPN and the rest of the world and vice-versa.
So for us 'private' users the whole network port is completely useless...
When running my JAP Tekken 5 DR there is a network icon flashing during gameplay and I can easily turn OFF all network functions in the test menu.

Thanks for the info, was hoping it could be used to link systems for local multiplayer ;)

Back