What's new
Wowww....That exact solution (that looks like stock monitor) is highly needed for modern (PC/Consoles) arcade type gaming at higher resolution than 1080p and MAME with the right CRT filter. A 4k monitor would be the way to go.
With Freesync, you'll even play the games with the correct refresh rates.
Oh good point. Would this also work for G-sync monitors?
Yup. No screen tears and with v-sync turned off, less input lag.

Those two monitors seem like better fit.

LG 32GK650G-B 2k 144kz gsync
Acer Predator XB321HK 4k 60kz gsync

This seems exactly like what I wanted to do last year but got too busy with stuff to actually do this :O Very excited for this since I've had two of the LG monitors ready for some sort of mod

Will this monitor fit the bracket?

Click here
No, it won't. This bracket only supports LG monitor that I specified at this moment.

This seems exactly like what I wanted to do last year but got too busy with stuff to actually do this :O Very excited for this since I've had two of the LG monitors ready for some sort of mod
I wanted to make a bracket that doesn't require any additional re-work. Making something without a 3D model wasn't easy.

Finally got the revised frame. Got all the bill of material setup as well. I was able to put together within 15 mins. No adjustment or tweaking needed. A kit will be provided along with a foam block for precise fit. Now, I just need to work with the vendor in the US. It’s a slow process but it is moving forward. :) In the mean time, I'll put together a guide how to check if this bracket will work for your vewlix

IMG_2968.JPG
IMG_2985.JPG
IMG_2984.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2987.JPG
    IMG_2987.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_2972.JPG
    IMG_2972.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Well done!! Looking forward for ordering details :thumbsup: (shipment to EU)

First of all, it is honor and very pleased to be the first to do Hadouken Arcade's monitor swap project.

My Vewlix is F from Capcom so called FC.

It is a very simple and straight forward work. If you have done a cleaning job of Vewlix, i believe you won't have any problem swapping it.

edited-image_zpsx83lklgo.jpg

This is the bracket I got from Hadouken. Basically you put new LG monitor in there and cover with original glass and screw surround frames.
Necessary bolts and parts were fully provided with bracket.

IMG_0534_zpsdb2dgcbn.jpg

This is screen with old monitor.

IMG_0536_zps5ropdywy.jpg

IMG_0543_zpsuyerbpes.jpg

You can see the screen got a lot brighter and vivid compare to old monitor.

Again, thank Hadouken for great effort and opportunity to swap old monitor to this recent monitor.
I highly recommend this bracket to anyone owns old model of vewlix.

Fantastic @sugar4salt thank you for sharing these!
I've been waiting for something like this for a very long time, now we finally have a proper replacement solution.

Back