What's new
Count me in on a bracket when you start producing it!

Received the bracket today. I'm very pleased with the result considering this is the first prototype. I'll put everything together during the weekend and upload more pictures. Once the design is polished, I'll start working on the price. I get these prototype brackets manufactured at oversea so I have to get a quotation with a vendor here in the US for production. This bracket will work for almost every Vewlix except diamond and later models. I will document specifically how to check the compatibility.

The small hole on the bottom is to access the monitor settings. :thumbsup:

IMG_2750.jpg

When assembled, monitor will sit on the edge. Right now, it is flushed in a little bit.

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

Gotta love that brownish decolorization on the frame. <X Plan on powered coating lol

IMG_2748.jpg

Impressive work there! I would be interested in a bracket for my AMI L :thumbup: (perhaps using your abroad supplier, as I am in EU, saves shipping cost).

Beautiful! Can't wait to get my hands on one!

I'm in for 2; definitely better than the wood frame I'm using right now.

I’ll individually contact people who showed interest in this thread for now. Plan on setting up a shop webpage

Wowww....That exact solution (that looks like stock monitor) is highly needed for modern (PC/Consoles) arcade type gaming at higher resolution than 1080p and MAME with the right CRT filter. A 4k monitor would be the way to go.

Nice solution. Definitely interested in 1 for my L! Thanks!

Wowww....That exact solution (that looks like stock monitor) is highly needed for modern (PC/Consoles) arcade type gaming at higher resolution than 1080p and MAME with the right CRT filter. A 4k monitor would be the way to go.
With Freesync, you'll even play the games with the correct refresh rates.

With Freesync, you'll even play the games with the correct refresh rates.
Oh good point. Would this also work for G-sync monitors?

Can’t confirm. Please provide a specific model with measured dimensions including VESA location to that model. Best answer i can provide would be “it might” unless I get my hands on that model. Eventually there will be a DIY bracket so people can fabricate holes for the monitor vesa they’re mounting. ;)

i would not be so concerned about the vesa mount part since most 32" monitors are vesa but the outer edges of the monitor varies depending on manufacturer which some 32" monitors might be too big or too small and will not look as an original as it could..then there is the question of which is the best monitor to build the enclosure around for a perfect fit? Some will want a budget monitor where others want IPS, Gsync/free sync etc..

I tried to come up with a "universal" solution but there are too much variables to cover. Right now my design is only based on using LG 32mp58hq since most people just want to replace their outdated monitor. Find me the unicorn then I can surely come up with something.

Sign me up for one of this, the monitor of my FC looks way too yellow, it looks like it's at the end of its life.

Back