What's new
Yeah, I don't understand why it wouldn't work in a C. Both F / C have the Sanwa T32H075, don't they? Isn't the C basically a F just with some minor differences? (plastic sides, header, control panel and card reader)

Yeah, I don't understand why it wouldn't work in a C. Both F / C have the Sanwa T32H075, don't they? Isn't the C basically a F just with some minor differences? (plastic sides, header, control panel and card reader)
Yeah, its same cab with different artwork.

So these definitely won't fit an FC?
F/FC has the same sanwa monitor, so it should.
Yes, they only have minor differences on top level. HOWEVER, for whatever reason, monitors were designed differently. FC has a different LCD panel and doesn’t have a case that contains the LCD panel. Yes, they have the same part number but they’re different internally. Same specification but different build is a nightmare if you’re trying to come up with a universal design that fits all. It’s not like they have revision or mod levels that I can use to identify. Can’t really pinpoint why they did the hard way. Who knows.. I worked on dozen of vewlix monitors so you can trust me on this.

A separate case will have to be manufactured addition to the bracket that I’ve designed on monitors that belongs to FC originally.

The other day I pulled a monitor from F and it was for FC so I had to move on to the next one since I needed a monitor for F. You don’t know until you pull the monitor “out” and compare with the data that I’ve collected. This will be updated soon. Every time I make an assumptions I learn something new that I wasn't aware. So I'm really caution about what the process.

Heck, I'll build up a table so people can identify what their monitors are.

Click to enlarge

Below is a typical monitor assembly that belongs to F. There are slight variations but not enough to cause a design issue that I'm doing.
IMG_2999.jpg

Below monitor is FC exclusive. Note that FC monitor doesn't have a case.
IMG_1902.JPG
IMG_4666.jpg

FC case design will follow up.

Attachments

• IMG_1804.jpg
    IMG_1804.jpg
    813.6 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_4663.jpg
    IMG_4663.jpg
    655.2 KB · Views: 183
I can confirm my FC *monitor looks exactly like the pics shown...gah bummer have to wait ;(

Last edited:
I'm looking at purchasing two brackets, one for a L-AMI and one for a Diamond (original IPS Alpha screen).
Hopefully these two are fully compatible?

I'm looking at purchasing two brackets, one for a L-AMI and one for a Diamond (original IPS Alpha screen).
Hopefully these two are fully compatible?
I don’t think the L ami is compatible yet. It’s pretty different from the rest.

I wanted to reuse the existing case in every vewlix but that’ll only cause headaches and more revision updates which will increase cost eventually. Instead, I’m making the case as part of the assembly kit. I have to manufacture a case for FC anyway so it’s not a route that I’ve not looked into. This will eliminate any uncertainty regarding what monitor people have. Simply transfer the glass and 4 black cover brackets to the kit and done. This will apply for every vewlix models :D

Capture.JPG

vewlix manufacturer have designed the monitor assembly with what LCD panel was available at that time so it’s really hard to find a common denominator. Older vewlix models have CFL but newer one have LED LCD panel so the way it mounts to the case is completely different. :/

Once I get the prototype case, I’m going to replace my 1080P P32L150 monitor with the 4K that I’ve purchased before.

In the meanwhile, the 3 pieces are getting quoted right now.

Kinda bummer, because I know the bezel is going to greatly add to both the price of the kit and the shipping of the kit.

Cost 300$ just to UPS one monitor complete from MA to VA (entire fucking cab is only 500$)...
Most of that price was due to the odd size not really the weight (so you can expect something similar).

If it really can't be done any other way so be it, still better than dropping 1400$ on a official 1080p Taito replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda bummer, because I know the bezel is going to greatly add to both the price of the kit and the shipping of the kit.

Cost 300$ just to UPS one monitor complete from MA to VA (entire fucking cab is only 500$)...
Most of that price was due to the odd size not really the weight (so you can expect something similar).

If it really can't be done any other way so be it, still better than dropping 1400$ on a official 1080p Taito replacement.
I'll be working on lowering the cost as much as possible. It's just a black case welded on the corner. I checked the price for 32" case at work and it was reasonable despite having so much vent holes and special requirements.

Was it a tube? The box I'll be using is 36 x 24 x 8. Arbitrary estimate came back to be $110 for shipping a 45 lb from Seattle to Manhattan.

Back