What's new
HadoukenArcade said:
The box I'll be using is 36 x 24 x 8. Arbitrary estimate came back to be $110 for shipping a 45 lb from Seattle to Manhattan.
That seems pretty normal to me.

I wanted to reuse the existing case in every vewlix but that’ll only cause headaches and more revision updates which will increase cost eventually. Instead, I’m making the case as part of the assembly kit. I have to manufacture a case for FC anyway so it’s not a route that I’ve not looked into. This will eliminate any uncertainty regarding what monitor people have. Simply transfer the glass and 4 black cover brackets to the kit and done. This will apply for every vewlix models :D
Just out of curiosity, how much does the current kit weight? And what would be added by the extra piece you mention?

Keep up the good work! Hope you can offer the kit as 'using your existing case' (for those who have a compatible Vewlix monitor-frame anyway, this will save shipping cost) and as 'shipped with generic case'.

I wanted to reuse the existing case in every vewlix but that’ll only cause headaches and more revision updates which will increase cost eventually. Instead, I’m making the case as part of the assembly kit. I have to manufacture a case for FC anyway so it’s not a route that I’ve not looked into. This will eliminate any uncertainty regarding what monitor people have. Simply transfer the glass and 4 black cover brackets to the kit and done. This will apply for every vewlix models :D
Just out of curiosity, how much does the current kit weight? And what would be added by the extra piece you mention?
Keep up the good work! Hope you can offer the kit as 'using your existing case' (for those who have a compatible Vewlix monitor-frame anyway, this will save shipping cost) and as 'shipped with generic case'.
Without the case, it weighted 7 lb. Yes, most cases might be reused. Some modification such as drilling and cutting will be required on bracket and stock case. Though I can't say 100% it'll work for sure so I'm not spreading the word yet. Don't want to falsely promise something and tell people they need to get the case after the bracket shipment. Cereth will be give me a feedback on that on L AMI.

Apparently there will be another prototype run. This time, it will focus on improving compatibility with other vewlix cases as well as miscellaneous improvements. I've been very indecisive because every time I decide something I get a light bulb moment like in the cartoon afterward. Regardless of this, the quotation will be received soon by this week (hopefully) so at least I'll be able to provide the price.

I'll echo that as well. Take your time, you are doing an AMAZING job!

I apologize for the delay. Things are progressing slowly. Based on the existing design quote, a set price is going to be $250. I expect the design update that I'm working on isn't going to impact the set price.

I'm planning on manufacturing 25 sets for the first batch. I'm going to go ahead manufacture 2/3 parts for now. The last part will be manufactured separately in low volume since I need to verify the design update.

I'll accept order through my website (WIP) so people don't have to message me for availability. Once things are ready I'll provide an update.

Just to add to the price, 3 parts are required for this design. I initially designed in a single part for a specific monitor to keep low price but figured an universal bracket would be more worth it on the long run.

Update:

prototype is en route.
Usually shipment should be here within a week but can't be sure due to the situation at Washington state. 2 out of 3 parts are already being manufactured. Once the newer design is checked I'll have the last part manufactured. :) Fortunately the manufacture is classified as "essential" so shouldn't really impact the batch.

This new design will pretty much cover all vewlix models. Some models will require a minor modification with a tap bit.

The model shown is for FC (red). 4 corner brackets will be held with L shape brackets.

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 11.25.18 PM.png

Once the part arrives I'll report back.

Last edited:
This is so awesome! my vewlix L monitor is beyond crappy. Not only is it yellowing, 720p, but its got some dead pixels on the bottom left corner. If i can replace it with a new 1080p monitor without dropping close to 1.5k im totally down. thank you so much for your amazing work! Sooo excited to get one!

This is so awesome! my vewlix L monitor is beyond crappy. Not only is it yellowing, 720p, but its got some dead pixels on the bottom left corner. If i can replace it with a new 1080p monitor without dropping close to 1.5k im totally down. thank you so much for your amazing work! Sooo excited to get one!
Get this guy squared away! There's a chance by the time this is done I won't have the L AMI here anymore to test

Awesome work, I need to pick up a couple of these.

What are the recommended monitors?

Back