What's new
Are these not pre-drilled because it depends on which replacement monitor we buy?
No, not at all... You are clearly confused about how this works.

The 6 screws you use to attach the mounting bracket to the original frame are larger than stock, so you must drill out the original frame.
Zero to do with the monitor mounted inside, and everything to do with attaching the new mounting bracket to the original frame.

How much better can I explain it (I even included pictures of the entire modification)?
I suggest if you still have questions and you don't want to wait (or order before you know what you are doing) take an original Taito LCD apart now...
You'll have a better/complete understanding of how it fits together.

Last edited by a moderator:
@bgspot be sure to post any questions if you have them, and if you are so inclined pictures of the process (the more the better). :thumbup:

ordered 2 for my VS! Super stoked have some nice crisp lg32gk installed

First batch was gone within a very short time. I appreciate the interest.
  • Per the discussion, I'm looking into changing the material to stainless. The original material aluminum alloy is still acceptable and easy to modify if needed. Weight will definitely increase from 5lb to 15lb. Due to this, thickness will be changed to 1.5mm from 2mm in order to shred weight down to 11.25lb which is a bit more reasonable. For reference, control panel is 1mm
  • M4 taps will be replaced with PEM nuts on the main bracket.
  • Making a 100 X 100 only VESA mount bracket. 200 X 100 can be later be modified into 100 X 100 but will need better tools to achieve this with stainless.
I've quoted one with an older revision but with a stainless just to see the price and it came out to be a similar range.

The batch quantity isn't going to be like 100 at a time. I'll increase a bit from last time though. I still want to improve and update the design as needed. Price doesn't get cheaper exponentially by order quantity so there isn't any merit ordering a large quantity at a time. Less painful to do re-work. For now, I would rather have things under control than running a Mickey Mouse operation.

More improvements will follow.

Have mine in second batch...willing to wait for stainless, and other upgrades, if its stronger and/or easier to install.

Would prefer quality upgrades over the rush, as my monitor is fully working.

Thank you for everything you've done/are doing on this Hadoken.....It's a service to the community and beyond, and we are grateful.

Have mine in second batch...willing to wait for stainless, and other upgrades, if its stronger and/or easier to install.

Would prefer quality upgrades over the rush, as my monitor is fully working.

Thank you for everything you've done/are doing on this Hadoken.....It's a service to the community and beyond, and we are grateful.
+1 Likewise, I have one order on the first batch, and one on the the 2nd batch, I will take the 1st batch as is, and will wait to get the 2nd batch one if it will be stainless, stronger, etc...

Some updates/images from my latest VLX L-AMI monitor disassemble/bracket preparation.
First as promised peeling of the anti-glare (remember this is optional but I HIGHLY recommend it) coating...
kHOFFmq.jpg

Fully dissemble the monitor, remove the glass
Spray it down with Windex (softens up the glue) and find an edge to attack (anti-glare is only on the outside of the glass)
Peel it back from the edge like I'm showing above, then cut the peel and rip it into downward strips like this...
vIm6IYg.jpg

Peel the entire glass using this "downward strip" method, then clean again with Windex to remove any residual glue (you may need to repeat this cleaning a few times to get it all).
Now depending on your monitor you'll reassemble only the frame/bezel/glass.

The L-AMI monitor (its seriously a POS BTW) when fully dissembled is just 4 outer bezel planks and the internal frame.
You'll need to save/reuse the longer original black M3 screws that came out of the frame with some new M3 locking nuts (I got these at Home Depot) to hold it all together.
7aeGNOd.jpg

As you can see above, for the left/right bezel sides I used all three original M3 screws+new nuts to hold them in place.
For the top/bottom bezel side panels I only used two original M3 screws+nuts, and just on the outer edges...
The three center holes are drilled-out with the countersink bit to make room for the new M4 screws used by the new bracket.
6kPtMwN.jpg

8kSmGOI.jpg

That's it/prep work done!
Now I just wait for the new custom bracket and my LG 32GK650F-B 32" monitor to install them. :thumbup:
2NKYR0C.jpg

For anyone wondering, I've now replaced the original feet
gCmOjVj.jpg

The fan(s)...
1fiWrl3.png

The speakers...
2dhmmt9.jpg

And the monitor...
LpyLVW6.jpg

In addition to dissembling and power-washing the entire frame/body.
ixAMP2S.jpg

Its like a brandnew cab (very happy with the results)! :D

Nice! I have a AMI L I am looking forward to converting also when you are able to finish.

Did you do a post on changing out your speakers? I have some Sony 3” to put in.

I see those dayton audio aren't shielded which doesn't matter anyway I guess.

Also what are the other 2 on top of the cab tweeters?

Updates for Rev. B (batch #2)

• Design package has been submitted and currently waiting quotes from the vendor.
  • Material has been changed to stainless 1.5 mm from aluminum 2 mm. Previous material aluminium is perfectly fine. Just making it more heavy and sturdy but comes with a price.
  • Weight has been substantially increased to about 15 lb from 5 lb. Total weight with off the shelf monitor assembly should be in similar range to early Vewlix model monitor which is 30 lb.
  • Two types of VESA brackets are now available. 100 x 100 and 200 x 100. I figured not everybody has the tools to cut a stainless steel plate if needed.
  • Instead of tap-thru on the main bracket, PEM nut will be installed. If somebody manages to bugger the thread, I can't help you on that.
  • M6 flange nut will be replaced to nylon nut (still tentative) - much harder to tighten and untighten.
  • Price should really change significantly. Will update soon.

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

I'm also going to look into Chewlix as well. Got a buddy with a Chewlix that I can check to see how much adjustment I have to make in order to securely hold the monitor in the case frame. Some Chewlix don't have a back where the monitor rear leans over but some do. Talk about standard.

I saved this picture in FB from someone but forgot where. Gotta love FB algorithm making it harder to backtrack what I viewed before.
106547749_10103318545960299_3404903655636792236_o.JPG

do you think you will have the AMI L version available soon? Im just waiting in that to order.
No such thing as a "AMI L version" of the bracket, only the original/current aluminum "A" and the new stainless steel "B".

I just dissembled and posted images of an L-AMI, and as you can see in my post the difference is its frame.
Only additional piece(s) you'll need is M3 nuts to secure the bezel plates, and that's it (aka it wouldn't be a universal monitor bracket if it didn't work with some models)! :whistling: ;)

Cross-post; 2nd LG monitor just arrived! :thumbup:
0E8Tm54.jpg

@Hadouken Arcade do you think you will have the AMI L version available soon? Im just waiting in that to order.
Yes, just like jassin000 said, it is compatible. Sorry about that. I'm way behind on updating the posting. Will be working on soon since I'm done with all the shipping and design changes update.

Back