What's new
Anyone using the 1080p LG 32MN500M-B? Do you have to turn the monitor on separately from the Vewlix? Can you control the monitor menu once installed? @Kaede?
Don't need to separately turn it on. All PC monitor will turn on automatically once the signal is present otherwise it stays in sleep mode. It should be accessible by the backdoor I made for LG 32mp58hq. Though 32MN500M-B will be supported in Rev. C. It needs a hole cut out because the monitor mount holder is non-removable.
Ok so you're basically leaving the monitor on all the time but in sleep mode. I'm going to put the Vewlix on an easily accessible switch and use that to turn it on and off which I think means I would need to turn the monitor on separately each time I turn on the switch.

I guess I could also use that little hole in the back of the Vewlix to connect the monitor to power separately if the power cord is long enough. Then I could leave the monitor on all the time and still use the switch on the Vewlix.

That backdoor you cut makes the monitor controls accessible after installation? I saw earlier in the thread that some people were connecting a computer to the monitor to control it which I won't be able to do.

Is everyone using a DVI/HDMI adapter with these?

BTW I'm surprised no one seems to be talking about OLED here.
What 32" OLED displays are you aware of? I've never seen one.
There's really no reason to overthink this. It's an arcade cabinet, not a movie theater.
Yeah right dude I'm a weirdo when it comes to electronic performance. Good point on 32" OLEDs.

OLED is fucking amazing next to classic LCD and even QLED (I have the 55" LG B6 in my Livingroom).
The only reason why I didn't use a 32" freesync OLED in my VLX is they DO NOT EXIST at this moment in time.

This year LG announced the 40" gaming OLED (smallest they've made in OLED thus far) so the hope is in time they give 32" the same treatment.

It looks like LG has another monitor similar to the 32MN500M-B, the 32MN60T-B
The 60T-B is a similar monitor but it doesn't have freesync, only one HDMI port, one display port, VGA and a bunch of USB ports. It has the ability to split the screen too.
Really? LG’s website states this is identical to the 32MN50M-B

It looks like LG has another monitor similar to the 32MN500M-B, the 32MN60T-B
The 60T-B is a similar monitor but it doesn't have freesync, only one HDMI port, one display port, VGA and a bunch of USB ports. It has the ability to split the screen too.
Really? LG’s website states this is identical to the 32MN50M-B
Unless I'm mistaken it for another monitor, too many variants. I can't check right now both should be in the microcenter website that where I get it from.

That backdoor you cut makes the monitor controls accessible after installation? I saw earlier in the thread that some people were connecting a computer to the monitor to control it which I won't be able to do.
Correct. the job button is awkward to use but still accessible.

Are there instructions for the MT3232A2 / TA32H07SF-C corner brackets? Just want to make sure I know what I need to do when I get my brackets in

OLED is fucking amazing next to classic LCD and even QLED (I have the 55" LG B6 in my Livingroom).
The only reason why I didn't use a 32" freesync OLED in my VLX is they DO NOT EXIST at this moment in time.

This year LG announced the 40" gaming OLED (smallest they've made in OLED thus far) so the hope is in time they give 32" the same treatment.
This is correct. I am also waiting for a 32" OLED from LG. But I don't think it will happen anytime soon. :(

Fuck yeah, we need 32" oled gaming monitors.

It needs a hole cut out because the monitor mount holder is non-removable.
I just removed mine. You need to pop out the back cover. Basically there's one screw next to the HDMI ports. Then you have to run a flat head screwdriver along the edge, in the seam where the two halves connect. You need to undo the tabs. If you're careful you can do it without leaving a mark. A plastic prying tool would probably be the best tool for the job, but I didn't have one on hand.

The monitor mount is held on with two screws. Remove it and then just put the back cover back on.

Anyway, I like the 32MN500M-B. I'm probably going to grabbing more of them for different monitor upgrades.

Anyone looking to go 4k for PC and next-gen consoles I can confirm the LG 32UN880-B fits perfectly. I kept the original glass with anti-glare and it adds a little moire effect if you get real close, but not really noticeable without leaning in to look for it. As you can see from the final picture the anti-glare is not helping much and may just end up being replaced with a ultra-clear piece sourced locally.

I ended up using the longer steel M6 screws for the vesa mount for additional stability due to the gap created by the panels indented mount, but the shorter screws that come with the panel would have worked just fine. The port placement was such that they are easily accessible even once installed in the cabinet without corner adapters.
5DiUbmTl.jpg
rQqzMDal.jpg
Uicx3oel.jpg

The one caveat I did run into was the screws holding the black molding and frame together actually threaded through to the TY320CPG3-XT panel frame that came from my L-AMI cabinet. The top and bottom molding were held on with the 3 bracket mount points on the top and bottom, but the sides were an issue. It is possible this is what the corner brackets were added to address on the F/C frames, but it was quickly solved with $2 worth of M3 vinyl lock nuts from the local hardware store.

coHEo0Wl.jpg
f5IcRzFl.jpg

Thank you Hadouken for the great product!

z2HkYq2l.jpg

How has color and overall image quality been for you with the LG 32UN880-B? Has that model been tested for input lag?
I've only had it in there for a little over a day, but so far color, image quality and brightness are excellent. When streaming 4k hdr video content the depth and clarity are noticeably better than my older 4k hdr VA panel. Black/grey/color uniformity is decent for an IPS, but it's no OLED. I have not seen any tests for display lag and I do not have the equipment to test it myself. I can say subjectively it feels faster than the GTT panel it replaced even when I feed it a lower resolution and rely on the internal scaler. Similar last gen panels from LG are listed around 10ms, but I doubt I could really notice a 5-10ms difference in either direction. If anyone is in SE Michigan with test gear I'd be happy to let them test it.

@p4ck3t Can you access the menu after installation without connecting a computer?
Yes, sort of. The Rev.B version I got has a cutout in the perfect location for the control nub, and even with my giant hands I have no issues or strain to manipulate it. It does require taking the back panel off and mirror or a lot of back and forth to make adjustments. One monitor annoyance is that there are a number of pop-ups and one time acknowledgements when changing resolutions and plugging in new cables you need to click or wait until they time out. I'd recommend leaving the panel off for the first day until you get through them and then it's pretty much set and forget.

GQ82AIqm.jpg

Back