What's new
These are blue and white Diamonds, so no idea how they might differ from the L.
I have a Model P32L150 monitor that goes into Diamond blue. The surround is different compare to F. After I get a quote for a batch for the brackets, I'll see how much the surround will cost to manufacture. Trying to design something around many variation is impossible. It is doable to design a bracket for every single Vewlix model but that is only limited to the LG monitor. This monitor won't be available forever. So I feel it would be easier to design a bracket off of a custom surround that has many screw points. One bracket fits all monitor wouldn't be a dream.

Amazing work!!!
Hope i can do the same to my C.
Thanks, I've looked into C but they have a weird design... I'll come up with a solution for sure.

Lowered the monitor height and now things are looking perfect. A fix has been applied on the drawing. 8)

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

I only had a straight HDMI cable but didn't have an issue. :D

IMG_2489.jpg

Looks great. Will you be selling these?
Yes, I'll have a batch. Price is still TBD. I'm trying to get a good price but in the same time deliver good quality. For mechanical parts, tolerance stack up from manufacturing and design happen. Especially when designing something without a 3D model.

Wow man, nice work!

I'd be in for two brackets for a blue diamond, if you end up making them.

Yes, I'll have a batch. Price is still TBD. I'm trying to get a good price but in the same time deliver good quality.
Take my MONEY!!! :thumbsup:
Do we need to get a pre-order thread going (aka these are going to be popular)? :huh:

At 1400$ for a brand new Taito monitor this is the PROPER salvation/solution Vewlix owners like myself have been waiting for.
Did I mention the monitor in my L-AMI sucks donkey dick? Well it does, and I wanna send it to the scrap heap where it belongs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great. Will you be selling these?
Yes, I'll have a batch. Price is still TBD. I'm trying to get a good price but in the same time deliver good quality. For mechanical parts, tolerance stack up from manufacturing and design happen. Especially when designing something without a 3D model.
Ill be ordering at least one for a F as soon as there available. Is this for the Lg 32MP58HQ?

Looks awesome. I still wish I knew what the input lag was on that screen. I've not found reliable documentation/testing for any commercial 32" 1080p monitor. All 'gaming' monitors that size are are least 1440p.
It is doable to design a bracket for every single Vewlix model but that is only limited to the LG monitor. This monitor won't be available forever. So I feel it would be easier to design a bracket off of a custom surround that has many screw points. One bracket fits all monitor wouldn't be a dream.
Good thinking. If you're curious about input lag as you work on this I recommend this product for easy testing: https://shop.dansprojects.com/time-sleuth-lag-tester.html

I don't mean to keep banging this drum, but it would be a shame if everyone got all hyped up for this cool idea, ordered a bunch of LG monitors, and they turned out to be pretty laggy. That's a great way to ruin your arcade cabinet. But if there are flexible mounting points for multiple monitors we know there are low lag options. Just not sure they're 1080p, that's the rub.

I am def interested in this as i have the exact same monitor.

I'm in too. Hopefully Costco will be having another sale on this monitor again. It was only $329 last time.

I'll make a separate thread at the sales forum.

Development to this project will continue. This bracket was more of a baby step. I'll make another bracket for expert for those who want to mount different monitors. I don't want to go down the the input lag rabbit hole. People can decide which monitors to use if they want. More screws tighten will require but will have the flexibility.

For diamond vewix, they use a different way to mount the LCD panel thus this bracket won't work since the screw holes doesn't exist on top and bottom.

Are people ok drilling holes on their Taito monitor surround? Not talking about the 4 frame covers but the case that holes the LCD panel assembly. If so, it will make things so much easier. I personally don't want to do but will save cost of manufacturing a custom surround.

This is awesome. I would definitely be interested too! We need something like this for when the panels start going bad.

This is cool.

How is your mount adjusting for:

VESA pattern size and location
Depth/vertical/horizontal position

Not all monitors have the same pattern/location/depth/thickness.

Also, how is the reused old monitor frame going to secure to the side of the new monitor?

Are you you aiming to use this with an specific monitor?

The vesa patten will always be in the center. Should be either 400 x 200 or 200 x 200. Instead of screw holes specific to a monitor model, I can have long vertical holes so any location vesa can be secured to the bracket. I’ll come up with a 3d model so it’ll be easier to explain. Yes, I know every monitor thickness will be different. I was stressing out mostly on this subject. The frame that secures the lcd panel on the side is what I’m struggling to come up with a design.

I came to a conclusion that it would be easier to design a bracket specific to the monitor rather than trying to come up with an universal bracket. I can manufacture a small quantity for a specific monitor if needed so I don't think it is necessary to design something that is unknown at this moment. Right now I'll move forward with the LG monitor since I can't find a replacement that is superior to this at this moment.

I forgot to test rotating the screen. And yes, it works without an issue.

My favorite shmup ikaruga.

IMG_2529.jpg
IMG_2524.jpg

Here is how the bracket is leaning on the cabinet. When set to vertical, two screws will hold the monitor assembly to the cabinet. Currently showing screws but will have cage nuts for production. Since the the monitor is well secured to the cabinet when set to vertical, I don't think it was necessary to be secured by all 4 screws. It can be done but will need an additional part.

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg

When I was brainstorming the bracket design for FC, I found out all 4 edge covers were identical regardless of which vewlix was from. This gave me an idea ditching the case entirely since FC was designed without it. I already sent out for a prototype and will know how it fits. Tolerance on this design is tight but will accommodate any vewlix model. I’ll have to confirm if the bracket can be used on diamond since the glass is mounted in the front of the case not inside the case. Not sure if the glass will be wide enough to fit inside.

IMG_2627.jpg

The FC has a unique design. 3 brackets and 4 edge covers without a case.

IMG_4666.jpg

Back