What's new
ugh, package hasn't even moved for almost two weeks despite it's a EMS.. Usually shipping low volume parts from my vendor in S.Korea is fastest but this has gotten out of hand.

Getting a quote domestically since I don't want to wait without knowing "when" the package will actually move.

It's just waiting and waiting at this point...

ugh, package hasn't even moved for almost two weeks despite it's a EMS.. Usually shipping low volume parts from my vendor in S.Korea is fastest but this has gotten out of hand.

Getting a quote domestically since I don't want to wait without knowing "when" the package will actually move.

It's just waiting and waiting at this point...
Hang in there. My next packages are at over two weeks. I'm just putting all my YaJ purchases on my next container, as well as the TAITOTECH order if UPS ends up expensive this time.

There's already a cab with that functionality. It's called a River Service New Delta. Those have rotateable monitors. It literally takes under a minute to rotate one. It's a pretty nice cab too. I would guess they're pretty uncommon at this point though.

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/332/330/html/32.jpg.html
That’s cool. I might end up just mounting an lcd vert on a wall somewhere. I’m also assuming there are some decent options for a sturdy rotatable wall mount these days.
yeah...those run in the 250-400 range...the cheap versions for 50-75, don't lock properly during rotation, and therefore slump to one side or another.

I've been looking for a mid grade version in the 1-150 range for YEARS, never to have found one. Also, you can't look them up via "rotating mount"...you have to look them up under "portrait mount" to get any success in a search at all. I have a samsung 40" that will be going on the wall in my office, and the idea is to let it rotate, but keep it stored in tate for day to day use. Another of those things I have to wait for, as I need to be able to know steady work will be available, before I reach for something that far down the priority list.

If you find something awesome on that front...please share it.

There's already a cab with that functionality. It's called a River Service New Delta. Those have rotateable monitors. It literally takes under a minute to rotate one. It's a pretty nice cab too. I would guess they're pretty uncommon at this point though.

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/332/330/html/32.jpg.html
That’s cool. I might end up just mounting an lcd vert on a wall somewhere. I’m also assuming there are some decent options for a sturdy rotatable wall mount these days.
yeah...those run in the 250-400 range...the cheap versions for 50-75, don't lock properly during rotation, and therefore slump to one side or another.
I've been looking for a mid grade version in the 1-150 range for YEARS, never to have found one. Also, you can't look them up via "rotating mount"...you have to look them up under "portrait mount" to get any success in a search at all. I have a samsung 40" that will be going on the wall in my office, and the idea is to let it rotate, but keep it stored in tate for day to day use. Another of those things I have to wait for, as I need to be able to know steady work will be available, before I reach for something that far down the priority list.

If you find something awesome on that front...please share it.
have you seen this one? Usually priced $200 or more. B&h has been good from all I’ve ordered from them.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...ounts_rfm_universal_rotational_mount_for.html

I have not....the review seems suspect/fake...but it's definitely in the right price range....that's not one of the models i've seen before.

I have not....the review seems suspect/fake...but it's definitely in the right price range....that's not one of the models i've seen before.
Maybe we could find some reviews somewhere else. the VESA mount specs are kind of crazy though. I’m not sure how small of a tv could be used with the thing.

Fits VESA 250 x 200 to 870 x 505mm hole patterns

Well yeah...the one you are looking at is also a one-off refurbish....so best of luck if you jump on it...but it's only gonna help you....will be hard to find the same one anywhere else to compare notes.

Well yeah...the one you are looking at is also a one-off refurbish....so best of luck if you jump on it...but it's only gonna help you....will be hard to find the same one anywhere else to compare notes.
they could show up on eBay or some other place. Since this kind of mount is rare it’s good just to know what is out there. You mentioned more expensive ones but didn’t link anything. Someone on this forum probably has bought a nice one. I have a bunch of TVs on a rail type mount system and I think I can just rotate the rails on a tv to put one vertical. Kind of a pain but I can always leave it vert for a long time.

edit: actually was not that bad. Just had to take off the two brackets on the back. I think the weight is not exactly centered but this tv is pretty light so it doesn’t seem to matter. Even a 32” in Tate looks large. So much better than playing on a horizontal vewlix. In a blast cab I’m sure it will be awesome too. Eventually I’ll get that working. Picture is ok but the sound on this dynex is pretty shit and the speakers are in a weird place since I rotated the tv. I’ll put some decent speakers out here to play for a while with decent sound. Ikaruga needs good sound. One of my favorite soundtracks of all time.

Attachments

• B7F8011D-DCF9-405F-B094-B45B31E000B0.jpeg
    B7F8011D-DCF9-405F-B094-B45B31E000B0.jpeg
    553.6 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
You can get Asus monitors with stands that can rotate the monitor now at affordable prices unless you want to play on 32+ inch screens well you're out of luck.

You can get Asus monitors with stands that can rotate the monitor now at affordable prices unless you want to play on 32+ inch screens well you're out of luck.
Yeah one of my favorite monitors is asus VG248QE. Can find them for around $100. 144hz 1080p and the stand rotates. Rotates clockwise though so that sucks for Naomi and I assume Dreamcast.

The direction that rotates is an issue never thought of that.

Guy please stop derailing this thread with dreams of a rotating mech for a Vewlix machine.

That's NOT what this project is, and in fact as a few of us who have actually preformed the work (rotated a VLX LCD) told you...
It's a pipe dream that makes zero sense in the real world because you'll never simply turn/rotate the monitor without removing X,Y and Z from the machine first.
Making it a totally moot point/unrealistic/wasteful proposition.

Please create your own thread where you can muse about this freely.

Guy please stop derailing this thread with dreams of a rotating mech for a Vewlix machine.

That's NOT what this project is, and in fact as a few of us who have actually preformed the work (rotated a VLX LCD) told you...
It's a pipe dream that makes zero sense in the real world because you'll never simply turn/rotate the monitor without removing X,Y and Z from the machine first.
Making it a totally moot point/unrealistic/wasteful proposition.

Please create your own thread where you can muse about this freely.
We were taking about wall mounts and stands that rotate. This thread is already 13 pages long about a bracket for an arcade machine. Anyone getting this deep into the thread probably already knows a ton about the bracket and any important info should be in the first post. It’s all good.

On the new design, I tweaked it to be more flexible in case of different monitor types shows up.

I've verified compatibility with P32L150 which can be found on Diamond. I happened to have a Vewlix L with a P32L150 so it was helpful.

Sorry about the low res picture. Couldn't find good one but you get the idea.

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 9.35.57 PM.png

IMG_4399.jpg

bracket will be mounted through 3 holes that hold the edge cover brackets that was a common denominator to this project.

IMG_4407.jpg

Initial test fit.

IMG_4408.jpg

You can tell the monitor is sinked in. This is intentional. My early prototypes were sticking out that re-work wasn't an option. Despite I had a precise measurement it was still sticking out like 1mm. I became OCD about this subject so I made it "adjustable". Also this gives more wiggle room against different monitor variations.

IMG_4409.jpg

Got a sheet cutout in 1mm thickness.

IMG_4410.jpg

Stacked 5 sheets.

IMG_4424.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg

Monitor is finally sitting in the right position. My OCD is No longer tingling :D

IMG_4444.jpg

No more annoying out of range or no signal msg

IMG_4445.jpg

Vewlix FC type monitor will be checked on during the weekend. I don't think there should be any problem.

Last edited:
That mount system is GENIUS!! Count me in for at least 4!

Sweet, still want 2-3 of these, let me know when you ready to take orders, awesome job on this :thumbsup:

Thanks for working on the FC compatibility! Can’t wait to get one!

Back