What's new
FC monitor is the only type that doesn't have a case. The metal bracket that holds the cover frames is useless. I didn't want to make a separate design thus increasing cost so this was a curve ball.

IMG_1902.jpg

Four corner brackets to hold the cover frame.

IMG_4433.jpg

IMG_4434.jpg

Since there is no case I needed to make up the missing space. Put two sheet cutouts.

IMG_4435.jpg

The rest of the steps are identical.

IMG_4436.jpg

Fits well :)

IMG_4437.jpg

The corner brackets need some polishing but I'm happy overall.

I expect I'll be able to start shipping on Mid June. :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_1903.jpg
    IMG_1903.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 141
Superb!

A sidetrack: A lot of the cabs post FC don't have instruction space LED/light up move strip areas. I'd toss some money towards the project for drop in kits for cabs missing them, (I.e. Diamond Black- probably Orange and Blue as well?)

For Vewlix user, it is definitely worth of owning this bracket.

I am in for one.

Looks very nice!

Will you be able to do direct shipment from your manufacturer for non-US orders?
SK -> US -> EU seems an expensive round trip as SK -> EU is roughly the same distance as to US (not to mention the same continent)

A sidetrack: A lot of the cabs post FC don't have instruction space LED/light up move strip areas. I'd toss some money towards the project for drop in kits for cabs missing them, (I.e. Diamond Black- probably Orange and Blue as well?)
ALL Diamond style cabs lack illuminated parts (ie marquee/move strip).
Taito only designed the illuminated move strip to fit into the control panel of the F, FC, and original L (optional for L, it didn't come stock like F and FC).
It will NOT fit into a L-AMI or ANY of the Diamond cabs without heavy modification to the cab body first (yes you need to grind away metal inside the CP to make it fit).

ALL Diamond style cabs lack illuminated parts (ie marquee/move strip).Taito only designed the illuminated move strip to fit into the control panel of the F, FC, and original L (optional for L, it didn't come stock like F and FC).
It will NOT fit into a L-AMI or ANY of the Diamond cabs without heavy modification to the cab body first (yes you need to grind away metal inside the CP to make it fit).
Yep. We knocked out the marquee light easy- our Diamond toppers are lit up- super straight forward. We have a few move strips lit between us (so maybe 10 diamonds in our little group- 2 are lit in the move strip area). When I get some time this summer, I'm going to look at fabricating some kind of simple drop in LED thing that looks nice- no cutting- but it'd be nice to have some more hands on deck or fresh ideas too!

ALL Diamond style cabs lack illuminated parts (ie marquee/move strip).Taito only designed the illuminated move strip to fit into the control panel of the F, FC, and original L (optional for L, it didn't come stock like F and FC).It will NOT fit into a L-AMI or ANY of the Diamond cabs without heavy modification to the cab body first (yes you need to grind away metal inside the CP to make it fit).
Yep. We knocked out the marquee light easy- our Diamond toppers are lit up- super straight forward. We have a few move strips lit between us (so maybe 10 diamonds in our little group- 2 are lit in the move strip area). When I get some time this summer, I'm going to look at fabricating some kind of simple drop in LED thing that looks nice- no cutting- but it'd be nice to have some more hands on deck or fresh ideas too!
“We”. :P

I'm kinda torn, I guess I could see putting a home made illumination solution into my white Diamond.
Its already running with many unofficial/aftermarket parts/mods so one more wouldn't hurt.

My L-AMI tho, I really don't want to put much of anything unofficial into that one.
The Capcom is 100% all official Taito parts, nothing modded/replaced and it will never be its my "pure" complete Taito cab.

Looks very nice!

Will you be able to do direct shipment from your manufacturer for non-US orders?
SK -> US -> EU seems an expensive round trip as SK -> EU is roughly the same distance as to US (not to mention the same continent)
Yes, the shipment I got from Korea was a prototype. For production, I use a local vendor that delivers in front of my door.

I'm kinda torn, I guess I could see putting a home made illumination solution into my white Diamond.
Its already running with many unofficial/aftermarket parts/mods so one more wouldn't hurt.

My L-AMI tho, I really don't want to put much of anything unofficial into that one.
The Capcom is 100% all official Taito parts, nothing modded/replaced and it will never be its my "pure" complete Taito cab.
The best way to do it is don't cut/hack anything. When I make the light up strips, I use jst connectors and hook up to the existing connectors for the light kit. That way its easily removable, and you'd never know anything was ever there.

Curious, as your L-AMI was on the same shipment as mine- you say your AMI doesn't have a spot for the illumination strip?

The best way to do it is don't cut/hack anything. When I make the light up strips, I use jst connectors and hook up to the existing connectors for the light kit. That way its easily removable, and you'd never know anything was ever there.
Curious, as your L-AMI was on the same shipment as mine- you say your AMI doesn't have a spot for the illumination strip?
do you have pictures and such of how you did it, im curious.

you say your AMI doesn't have a spot for the illumination strip?
It has one, but its identical to the Diamond.
So the official Taito illumination panel won't fit without grinding on the CP (just like with the Diamond).

I've come to understand that is the "specialness" of the L-AMI.
Its NOT like the original L!
Rather its some kind of half step/breed between the original VLX design (F, L, FC) and the Diamond design (white, black, orange).

You can tell with just a glance, as the original control panels have indentations on the back panel (by the Nesica reader covers).
The Diamonds+AMI is 100% flat (just like a Chewlix) and thus are not compatible without modification.

I'm positive Taito made these changes for two reasons...
  • Reduce the production cost (yup I've said it before and I'll say it again, Diamond is a quality/cost reduction over the original F/FC deluxe design)
  • Faze out the illumination kit/frosted marquees (again only offered stock on the deluxe F/FC)

Last edited by a moderator:
you say your AMI doesn't have a spot for the illumination strip?
It has one, but its identical to the Diamond.So the official Taito illumination panel won't fit without grinding on the CP (just like with the Diamond).

I've come to understand that is the "specialness" of the L-AMI.
Its NOT like the original L!
Rather its some kind of half step/breed between the original VLX design (F, L, FC) and the Diamond design (white, black, orange).

You can tell with just a glance, as the original control panels have indentations on the back panel (by the Nesica reader covers).
The Diamonds+AMI is 100% flat (just like a Chewlix) and thus are not compatible without modification.

I'm positive Taito made this change for two reasons...
  • Reduce the production cost (yup I've said it before and I'll say it again, Diamond is a quality reduction over the original F/FC deluxe design)
  • Faze out the illumination kit/frosted marquees
Weird! The L-AMI I have is almost identical internally to the F I used to have. IIRC maybe it was because the L series were made to order- I will get some pictures of mine when I get home today so we can compare. Very interested in seeing the differences- so odd they would be so different internally.

The body is identical to the F/FC/L, but the control panel is identical to the Diamond.
Its some kind of half-breed. ;)

At launch, far as I'm aware the L was offered as a budget option to the more deluxe/feature rich F (FC didn't exist until Capcom commissioned it for the release of Ultra SF4).
L has a higher lag (at the time the Sanwa was cream of the crop) monitor, its missing the illumination panels, it has clear marquee plexi.

Funny that Diamond dropped support for the illumination kit, but retained the power connector for it.
If I had to guess its simply because Taito wanted to use the same harnesses on the entire family (just a theory I don't have a part number).

So I've been doing some shopping for a monitor to use with this bracket.
I'm leaning towards the LG 32KG650F-B (400$ from B&H) anyone have first hand experience with this LCD?
lg_32gk650f_b_32_class_qhd_gaming_1541695577_1426796.jpg

Anyone run Midway/other wacky sync PCBs on this?
Will it accept the OSSC's 1600x1200 output even with an ultra low (54Hz) refresh?

*Update*
Trigger pulled (I guess I'll be the first one to conduct the OSSC test, results next week). :/ *fingers-crossed*
SbDwpjr.png

Is there a preorder list to get one of these yet? If so please add me to the list for 1

So I've been doing some shopping for a monitor to use with this bracket.
I'm leaning towards the LG 32KG650F-B (400$ from B&H) anyone have first hand experience with this LCD?
lg_32gk650f_b_32_class_qhd_gaming_1541695577_1426796.jpg

Anyone run Midway/other wacky sync PCBs on this?
Will it accept the OSSC's 1600x1200 output even with an ultra low (54Hz) refresh?

*Update*
Trigger pulled (I guess I'll be the first one to conduct the OSSC test, results next week). :/ *fingers-crossed*
SbDwpjr.png
Im sure you read the rtings article.

The good: excellent input lag at 4k.
Good contrast ratio
Gsync or free sync depending on your model for MAME

The not so good:
Matte screen (not sure why manufacturers other than apple can't make a goddamn glass screen)
Poor Viewing angles (2 player angles)
Poor motion resolution especially for 60hz (which I'd imagine you will be playing most of)
Unkown input lag 1080p
Unknown scaling
No HDR support
Poor color gradient
Poor reflections
Medium Peak brightness
flashlight effect on black.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll love it.

Back