What's new
@hoagtech
I was a little turned off by the down points yes, really the viewing angles.
However the vertical angle isn't bad, its the horizontal angle that is more of an problem.
Being that both players sit directly in front of the screen I hope that isn't going to be a huge issue.

The key points on this monitor for me...
  • QHD resolution should work with OSSC's 1600x1200 pure 5x.
  • Freesync should accept syncs outside of 60Hz (my LG TV also dose this so I hope for more of the same).
  • Monitor was less than 500$
I really really wanted the Asus ROG 4K/HDR IPS new top of the line 32" (I forget the model number) but its rumored to launch later this year with a price tag over 2000$! 8o
IF so, that would make it more expensive than the entire VLX machine I'd be install it inside. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a preorder list to get one of these yet? If so please add me to the list for 1
The last part of the bracket is being manufactured right now. In the meantime, I'm having Jassin do a test drive so I can add the feed back to the manual I'll be making.

Expected shipping date will be around mid-end June. I'll be taking orders on the website that I'm currently working on. It is impossible to track pre-orders since I'm already behind on many things from being an adult lol

Once the first batch of ~ 20 goes out, I'll be keeping eye on the forum heavily for feedback. If there isn't any critical issues, I'll continuously order parts to maintain stock.

Last edited:
A sidetrack: A lot of the cabs post FC don't have instruction space LED/light up move strip areas. I'd toss some money towards the project for drop in kits for cabs missing them, (I.e. Diamond Black- probably Orange and Blue as well?)
ALL Diamond style cabs lack illuminated parts (ie marquee/move strip).Taito only designed the illuminated move strip to fit into the control panel of the F, FC, and original L (optional for L, it didn't come stock like F and FC).It will NOT fit into a L-AMI or ANY of the Diamond cabs without heavy modification to the cab body first (yes you need to grind away metal inside the CP to make it fit).
Yep. We knocked out the marquee light easy- our Diamond toppers are lit up- super straight forward. We have a few move strips lit between us (so maybe 10 diamonds in our little group- 2 are lit in the move strip area). When I get some time this summer, I'm going to look at fabricating some kind of simple drop in LED thing that looks nice- no cutting- but it'd be nice to have some more hands on deck or fresh ideas too!
The topper is super easy to light, 12v connector is already there. The move panel on the other hand, power cable is there but the F,FC, L-AMI lighted panel wont fit the non lighted cabs. I already made up a cad file for the replacement panel to accommodate lcd strips to light it up, needs a bit of refinement, I need to get back to that project as I wat to light up my orange and black diamond cabs.

Did you end up downlighting the vewlix plexi under the topper also? iirc ic can be lighted from the top. I believe the original lcd strips from taito have spots with missing led to downward light the vewlix plexi.

I believe the original lcd strips from taito have spots with missing led to downward light the vewlix plexi.
They do, yes.

vewlix_marquee_light.jpg

Man, Taito really skimped out on things, even for the F.

If I wasn't such a klutz soldering SMD components, I would try it.

I'm super excited for this....but wont order, until I actually get my cabinet....I don't want to take away from folks that can install it immediately.

Soon though....I am so ready!

I believe the original lcd strips from taito have spots with missing led to downward light the vewlix plexi.
They do, yes.

vewlix_marquee_light.jpg

Interesting, I may need to rework mine. Time to order more LEDs. Thanks Nem.

They do, yes.

vewlix_marquee_light.jpg

Yeah, thats it. Does anyone else's led pcb look abused from the heat they generate? I wonder if thats why Taito didnt downlight these? But would be cool to see these working how they were meant to be.

Still down for one for my FC! Will also be on the lookout for website when available to officially place pre-order. Thank you for doing this!!!!

L and AMI versions are WIP, what timeframe do you expect? Looking forward to this.

The bracket is pricy, I'll be honest I didn't expect it to cost this much nor do I have any idea what goes on when making something like this to begin with. That said I need it and I'm willing to pay the price.

Someone should make a list/thread of recommended monitors those 4k monitors look nice but I don't feel like breaking the bank.

Someone should make a list/thread of recommended monitors
Yes they should!
I'm on target for Wens the 20th, with this monitor.
I won't be able to speak to mounting it (yet) only how it performs with the OSSC/Switch/PC etc.

I was the same in that I wanted top of the line 4k IPS gaming, hot damn I'm not made of cash tho... And for a 32"?! I want what they are smoking. :S

Last edited by a moderator:
The bracket is pricy, I'll be honest I didn't expect it to cost this much nor do I have any idea what goes on when making something like this to begin with. That said I need it and I'm willing to pay the price.
Let's just say I didn't take any short cuts when it comes to manufacturing and designing. :)

It was hard enough that I couldn't copy or reference someone's work since there was non lol

I have an extra set that is available immediately. I need a volunteer to test the bracket and report back. PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Damn,you could get a whole Vewlix cab with that money and still get some change back

Back