What's new
I remember those X/ , bought 4 of them. So yeah, these brackets are a fair price. I compare them to buying TV mounts, the quality ones will cost in the range $100-200, sure you can buy that $30 one from monoprice and it will work, but like they say you get what you pay for. Also, if you dont want to pay, you can always hack together your own mount. @Hadouken Arcade already did the work for me, its a tested solution, with iterations and refinements, how much you think thats worth?? niche product, niche market. These are not being manufactured/sold in the 10s-100s of thousands to make them $30 brackets. Im ok with this price, would I want them to cost way less, sure. But, if thats the the price point the man needs, then thats what it is. In the past couple months Ive been manufacturing metal parts for cabs, and unfortunately depending with which fabrication company you go with it still costs a good amount, no way around it, only way to make it worth while is to do large orders to bring prices a little bit down.

I remember those X/ , bought 4 of them. So yeah, these brackets are a fair price. I compare them to buying TV mounts, the quality ones will cost in the range $100-200, sure you can buy that $30 one from monoprice and it will work, but like they say you get what you pay for. Also, if you dont want to pay, you can always hack together your own mount. @Hadouken Arcade already did the work for me, its a tested solution, with iterations and refinements, how much you think thats worth?? niche product, niche market. These are not being manufactured/sold in the 10s-100s of thousands to make them $30 brackets. Im ok with this price, would I want them to cost way less, sure. But, if thats the the price point the man needs, then thats what it is. In the past couple months Ive been manufacturing metal parts for cabs, and unfortunately depending with which fabrication company you go with it still costs a good amount, no way around it, only way to make it worth while is to do large orders to bring prices a little bit down.
This ^

Desperately needed product - check
Thoroughly vetted with the community for accuracy/compatibility - check
Multiple iterations, requiring probably a couple hundred hours worth of time - check
Priced at 1/10th the cost of a new Factory OEM monitor - check

This is really a no-brainer, and I can't wait to get my cab, and a bracket. I'm very very excited.

Damn,you could get a whole Vewlix cab with that money and still get some change back
Yes.

The parts I got from Taito to fix my AMI were more than the cabinet itself. However, it is now on par with black diamond.

So this bracket is a great alternative.

I have some stick mounts from @Hadouken Arcade, and if the bracket is as good as his mounts, you're getting a lot of bang for the buck.

Damn,you could get a whole Vewlix cab with that money and still get some change back
Well including shipping no, my L-AMI was an even 2k$ delivered to my door, almost tho (a difference of about 200$). ;)

I recently bought around 13 wall mounts on ebay for about $17 shipped a piece and they are absolutely awesome for that. Bulk got the shipping down quite a bit. they mount to a sliding bracket thing and seem solid, easy to take the tv down, have a slight tilt adjustment to fix if you didn't mount the bracket perfectly and they have some tilt to point up or down. I've hung from 32" to 42" with them just fine. hung one vertical to test tate naomi stuff. I think heaviest tv I did was around 80 pounds. Anyway you can't really compare mass produced consumer stuff to what is happening here, but from my experience wall mounts have for sure gotten better and cheaper.

I recently bought around 13 wall mounts on ebay for about $17 shipped a piece
This is a custom piece designed by a hobbyist, I think Chris's time is worth something and I'm willing to pay him for it.
Remember without him we would have nothing right now!

Sure I've been bitching about a proper mounting solution since 2015, but notice how I haven't done shit about it aside from bitch?
I've been waiting (5 years) for someone like him to come along and do what I could only complain about, solve what I could only identify.

I am also a due-paying member of the bitch-and-do-nothing club.

So glad this is coming together. Price is fine; it pretty much ensures that your Vewlix(s) will last a lifetime.

Remember, you're not just paying for the parts and the actual manufacturing, you're paying for the research and development that went into the very iterative process of creating something that no one has before. Im completely fine with the price, still down for 1.

I recently bought around 13 wall mounts on ebay for about $17 shipped a piece and they are absolutely awesome for that. Bulk got the shipping down quite a bit. they mount to a sliding bracket thing and seem solid, easy to take the tv down, have a slight tilt adjustment to fix if you didn't mount the bracket perfectly and they have some tilt to point up or down. I've hung from 32" to 42" with them just fine. hung one vertical to test tate naomi stuff. I think heaviest tv I did was around 80 pounds. Anyway you can't really compare mass produced consumer stuff to what is happening here, but from my experience wall mounts have for sure gotten better and cheaper.
That may be case, but, like you said you can't compare a generic, one size fits most mount with a design most likely stolen from someone else, mass produced with prison labor in china to whats happening here.

No doubt. We are paying for the work done to fabricate something very specialized that does not exist here. I was just saying cheap universal mounts are pretty good these days.

Received My LG 32KG650F-B monitor earlier than expected!

This monitor only has Display Port and HDMI input options.
I'm using rev 1.5 (DVI) of the OSSC with a DVI-2-HDMI converter (1.6 should work the same via HDMI).
Initially I attempted to use a DVI-2-Display Port converter, this displayed nothing/black screen.

Gamer setting to reduce lag as much as possible, freesync always enabled.

Initial (easy Sync) Test:
  • OSSC 1600x1200 5x full 4:3
  • System16 Multi video source (near 60.0Hz)
LpyLVW6.jpg

Looking really nice!
Colors are pop'n and viewing angles remain fair/equal to my existing VLX monitors.
Freesync makes the motion appear smooth, that's a big distinction from the DVDO which makes it move jerky.

Freesync (hard Sync) Test:
  • OSSC 1600x1200 5x full 4:3, V.Active 300 (4:3 compression)
  • Midway Y-Unit video source (54.88Hz)
XuFN1g4.jpg

yrYM0lE.jpg

Freesync (hard Sync) Test:
  • OSSC 1600x1200 5x full 4:3, V.Active 300 (4:3 compression)
  • Midway T-Unit video source (54.88Hz)
YeAWcvq.jpg

tMG36o9.jpg

BUY!! :thumbsup:
Remember none of this (ie 1600x1200 5x or adaptive 54.88Hz sync) is possible on ANY stock Taito monitor. 8o

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally should be able to get rid of some stuff in my device chain. Thanks for the review. Now just need the mounts :) I have my old monitors that Im stealing the frame surrounds from to do this mod, glad I didnt sell them.
Are there any Freesync 4K alternatives? Also, OSSC PRO that does 4K :D

Do you think the mount will have clearance issues with the port locations?

Last edited:
Are there any Freesync 4K alternatives? Also, OSSC PRO that does 4K
You know me and how I love 4K (this 55" LG OLED is so awesome and has been for years now)...
But when it comes to 32" I dare say QHD (and not UHD) is the sweet spot.
Our current/beloved OSSC dose just fine with 5x (1600x1200) so you would need an OSSC Pro to even enjoy that now.

Maybe don't go crazy and upgrade all your VLX cabs at once, after all monitor tech changes yearly.
Right now this is a damn good looking alternative to the official Taito with none of the compromises when using OSSC.
Hows it look without the OSSC? How about a VGA source?
Uh... Bro did you read what I said?
This monitor only has Display Port and HDMI input options
Direct VGA isn't an option on this.
I got this monitor to be the beez kneez with OSSC and it IS that!
VGA I would run thru the OSSC at 2x (aka I'd never run this monitor without the OSSC EVER).

Maybe don't go crazy and upgrade all your VLX cabs at once, after all monitor tech changes yearly.
Right now this is a damn good looking alternative to the official Taito with none of the compromises when using OSSC.
Had to do it, the old monitors annoyed me too much. But since I still have the old monitors in storage still, gonna use their frames and these brackets to convert 2 of them with new monitors. But yeah 5x mode on ossc w/ freesync should make just about everything playable. finally to hopefully not deal with the sync bs. Have you tried other wacky sync boards?

Obv it doesnt have a native VGA input just curious how it looks after whatever preferred conversion method such as the OSSC. Also understand why you would want to always use the OSSC, was wondering how the monitor does on its own tech merits in case i got one and repurposed it for something else down the road.

Last edited:
Received My LG 32KG650F-B monitor earlier than expected!
So this one definitely works for OSSC purposes and looks amazing.

Are the controls accessible in any way? Are you going to open in to see if the control can be relocated?

Is there a list of monitors to use?

Going all-in with this VLX "upgrade" project, stripped her back to a bare frame this morning.
Vacuumed all the loose dust-bunnies and solid grime/debris out.
qqGDQq9.jpg

Going to clean the body with some Formula 409 and a pressure washer! :D
Ordered two new fans, I wanted a closer match to the original size/shape so I selected the Wathai 120mm x120 x 38mm 12V 2Pin (industrial/highflow).
610JDrp4x9L._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Decided to skip new speakers for now, the price was right but I can't justify it when nothing is wrong with my current set.

I would assume the fans are no longer needed when you put the new monitor in?

Back