What's new
Also don't really now how useful a vga connection is nowadays besides hooking up a dremcast.

Also arcades systems like a type x or Ringedge I think still use them.

I would assume the fans are no longer needed when you put the new monitor in?
probably not but i would still put something there to at least quietly blow air out of the cabinet.

I know people are all about the high resolution, which makes sense. If I did want to do 1080p max, is there anything good out there that will work with this bracket?

Shipping materials have been ordered from Uline. Shipping cost goes up by the size of the box on UPS so getting the right size box was more economical over hunting for a random size box.

I put together a draft manual. It's way far from complete but at least this will give you a rough idea what modification needs to be done.
Draft manual

I apologize for not accepting orders on my website. I didn't want to accept payments first and feel pressured. This will be my first time doing a one man army operation where I'm setting up process for procurement to shipping. Once I'm absolutely ready, I'll start accepting orders. Last part is due mid next month. More things will be flatten out by then.

I plan to keep a stock at all time so there are plenty for everybody.

Things are on track :)

Price is very good for what you're getting fyi. I've fabricated Mini cute parts, aero table parts, egret 2/3/awsd parts- and often times it's not really worth it unless you *really* need them for how expensive they are. I have to sell Egret 2 doors at around 170 shipped to make it worth it. That's a door.

This is a kit to use better monitors- that even the "better than old monitors" are like $2k from Taito.

Easy choice. Grab a cheap ass Vewlix with a shitty monitor, flop this and a new monitor in there, boom- better than a Black Diamond.

Price is very good for what you're getting fyi. I've fabricated Mini cute parts, aero table parts, egret 2/3/awsd parts- and often times it's not really worth it unless you *really* need them for how expensive they are. I have to sell Egret 2 doors at around 170 shipped to make it worth it. That's a door.

This is a kit to use better monitors- that even the "better than old monitors" are like $2k from Taito.

Easy choice. Grab a cheap ass Vewlix with a shitty monitor, flop this and a new monitor in there, boom- better than a Black Diamond.
More than fair price. Problem is people want to compare this to the China made, government sponsored, unpaid prison labor, stolen plans items that they did not spend any time or $$ in R&D and now flood our markets with cheap shit to outsell other competitors/original creators.

$170 shipped is not expensive for the E2 door. It will probably cost you that much to have it made and powdercoated, only if you do them in large volumes the price goes down a bit and its not much. So yeah this bracket is not expensive comparing to the available options. Cant wait to get 2 of these.

Now if only Marqs would work on a making the OSSC Prok 4K 9X ready. I want throw in a 4K monitor in the vewlix to run newer 4K, next gen consoles/titles in there, cause why the hell not, 4K 32" freesync monitors are going down in price and they are getting better.

Deciding the price was very tricky. Using a common price strategy equation wasn’t going to work since it’s a niche part for a niche hobby. If the price it too high, somebody will copy the design. So set the price so it’s not worth stealing my design to make profit off of it.

On the side note, after getting disappointed with so many repros that people make, I wanted to have something that is worth the money and not a garage level quality. Well, I’m operating at a garage though lol

Now if only Marqs would work on a making the OSSC Prok 4K 9X ready. I want throw in a 4K monitor in the vewlix to run newer 4K, next gen consoles/titles in there, cause why the hell not, 4K 32" freesync monitors are going down in price and they are getting better.
I guess you sit pretty close to it but 4K on a 32” won’t be a huge difference. 4K really shines with big ass screens. I really haven’t been motivated to go to 4K in my house. I have a 43” 4K but from how far I view it I doubt I’d notice the difference. I will say I have a 40” 4K pc monitor I use for work and sitting right in front of that is spectacular for coding and UI work.

Only two reasons to put a 4k 32" monitor into a VLX cab:
  • You are building the ultimate MAME/PC cab
  • You are putting a PS4 Pro into a cab
If you aren't doing one (or both of the above) its a waste (yes even for OSSC users).
QHD is perfect for all other applications, 1600x1200 for OSSC and 1920x1080 for everything else.

Shipping materials have been ordered from Uline. Shipping cost goes up by the size of the box on UPS so getting the right size box was more economical over hunting for a random size box.

I put together a draft manual. It's way far from complete but at least this will give you a rough idea what modification needs to be done.
Draft manual

I apologize for not accepting orders on my website. I didn't want to accept payments first and feel pressured. This will be my first time doing a one man army operation where I'm setting up process for procurement to shipping. Once I'm absolutely ready, I'll start accepting orders. Last part is due mid next month. More things will be flatten out by then.

@Hadouken Arcade So, how exactly do we order one? you had mentioned that you didn't put it up on your website. I believe there was a pre-order list, so we we go by that or do we just ping you to say we want one?

Deciding the price was very tricky. Using a common price strategy equation wasn’t going to work since it’s a niche part for a niche hobby. If the price it too high, somebody will copy the design. So set the price so it’s not worth stealing my design to make profit off of it.

On the side note, after getting disappointed with so many repros that people make, I wanted to have something that is worth the money and not a garage level quality. Well, I’m operating at a garage though lol
Man...someone gets one of these and clones it.....well.....lets just say, they'd probably have a bus load of pretty angry AP members, standing on their door, when all the crazy dies back down.
I volunteer to be front of the line...few things piss me off more than that kinda stuff.

Only two reasons to put a 4k 32" monitor into a VLX cab:

You are building the ultimate MAME/PC cab

You are putting a PS4 Pro into a cab
I am actually, already have one being set up. Im already planning out the upgrade to that, waiting on next gen consoles to be released, and the next generation of graphics cards for my PC gaming. So PC/MAME/PS5/SeriesX. I only game on the oled and the vewlix most of the time, so don't mind spending some cash on the upgrades. Im getting back into PC gaming a bit.

Draft manual

@Hadouken Arcade So, how exactly do we order one? you had mentioned that you didn't put it up on your website. I believe there was a pre-order list, so we we go by that or do we just ping you to say we want one?
Unfortunately I'm going to have to scrap the pre-order list. Previously, I had enough supply for joystick bracket. So even if someone on the list doesn't response back it didn't matter. But with limited batch supply it will be a challenge to check back with each individual. I'm not ordering mass quantity because there will be a constant improvement on the design. Plus, price per quantity doesn't get cheaper exponentially so there isn't any point doing a mass order, yet.

I sent out kits to two of the member in this forum already. Once I get a confirmation from them, I'll open my website and start accepting orders for the current batch this weekend or next coming week. There will be a next batch pre-order as well.

I've been working on manuals as well and decided to divide manual per monitor part number since skill level varies.

For P32L050
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_QW-RIMtHH7qm8ayJKZO1u5YOmO8NYzp

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 12.26.21 AM.png

Back