What's new
You wont have the anti-glare coating but if your going to strip it off anyways....
It was easy to peel off, I just soaked a rag in acetone and held it to the edge until it started to soften up enough to peel back.
Great idea about removing the inner layer. The haziness was bothering me and I've even thought about not having the glass at all. But this is a much better option.

I have some lighting in my basement where the anti glare is a plus, so I kept it on. I did spray it with Krud Cutter to de-yellow it, then simple green, then windex. First time I mounted it I had a big dust flake sneak in so I did redo it. The electrical tape should mitigate that (or whatever it is... Japan has the best tapes...). We will see how long mine remains clean, since I didn’t tape it at all.

Museum glass, now that’s an excellent idea @Derick2k.

Museum glass, now that’s an excellent idea @Derick2k.
Yeah, the best stuff to use in these cases. Only know cause I had to replace glass on pinball and the museum stuff is the best, super clear and basically no reflections, its almost like its not there.

JP tape is the best :D

I know you installed this originally in your L. What work needs to be done to add the L and AMI to production status?

Does the old glass just fit in the frame and you put the new monitor behind it?

Does the old glass just fit in the frame and you put the new monitor behind it?
The original frame/glass is reused/recycled, you drill out 6 holes (3 on bottom edge, 3 on top) to mount the new bracket/LCD inside.
I9SN14A.jpg

6kPtMwN.jpg

Original screw left, new larger screw right (aka why we must drill out the 6 holes)...
8kSmGOI.jpg

I hope I can get this as soon as I can. I think my monitor died on my Vewlix.

Ordered 2 with the brackets and drillbit and saved some $$ :) Thank you!

I was confused as to why there was a 1st and 2nd batch when I ordered, maybe I got lucky? I'm hoping it doesn't get canceled

i got my order in on the 2nd batch the price goes up quickly if you happen to have an FC like myself.

I guess i could save some money with the countersink drill bit buying it elsewhere but i was getting confused with the screw sizes and degree angles. I better get the right thing from the start I don't want to mess this up.

I guess i could save some money with the countersink drill bit buying it elsewhere but i was getting confused with the screw sizes and degree angles
I highly recommending getting the countersink bit with the bracket.
Also when you use the bit/drill out the 6 holes... Go slow and use a screw to judge the proper depth.
You don't need to go that deep (only make the screw head flush) and with this type of drill bit you can just blast it right thru if you aren't careful/go slow.

I highly recommending getting the countersink bit with the bracket.Also when you use the bit/drill out the 6 holes... Go slow and use a screw to judge the proper depth.
You don't need to go that deep (only make the screw head flush) and with this type of drill bit you can just blast it right thru if you aren't careful/go slow.
Are these not pre-drilled because it depends on which replacement monitor we buy?

Back