What's new
So that means all that we paid for the second batch are going to have to pay the difference now with this new bracket?

So that means all that we paid for the second batch are going to have to pay the difference now with this new bracket?
@Hadouken Arcade hasn't said that yet, only that the "B" version will be more expensive to produce...
Yes I would also assume you would have to cover that difference.

If you don't mine me asking (and this is directed at everyone who is waiting for/ordering the "B") whats wrong with the "A"?
Sure stainless is a better material, but also more expensive and much heavier (yes the original Sanwa was 30lbs, why would you ever want to return to that).

After holding the aluminum one in my hands and installing it in my C last weekend, I don't personally see a need for stainless. It fits well and doesn't add unnecessary weight, not to mention seems more than strong enough for what it is required to do.

After holding the aluminum one in my hands and installing it in my C last weekend, I don't personally see a need for stainless. It fits well and doesn't add unnecessary weight, not to mention seems more than strong enough for what it is required to do.
Only issue for me is stripping the threads on the aluminum version, thats about it. Either way, i just want to get this bracket already :D

Only issue for me is stripping the threads on the aluminum version, thats about it. Either way, i just want to get this bracket already :D
Were you super excited? Haha I know for me I had to slow down and not rush just to see how awesome it is.

Only issue for me is stripping the threads on the aluminum version
Even if that did happen (and really as long as you are careful not to over tighten it won't) you could simply use longer screws with locking nuts on the backside.
only the 6 (3 top/3 bottom) screws are threaded into the aluminum. Everything else is backed/threaded in stronger metal.
Were you super excited?
I WAS! So much so I put a small/minor scratch into my brand new LCD screen when I was trying to wipe off some dust.
I am keeping cans of compressed air and microfiber cloths around for this 2nd one. :whistling: :thumbsup:

Even if that did happen (and really as long as you are careful not to over tighten it won't) you could simply use longer screws with locking nuts on the backside.
only the 6 (3 top/3 bottom) screws are threaded into the aluminum. Everything else is backed/threaded in stronger metal.
Ok then, once I get one I will see the clearances, etc...so then there shouldnt be any issues.

do you think you will have the AMI L version available soon? Im just waiting in that to order.
No such thing as a "AMI L version" of the bracket, only the original/current aluminum "A" and the new stainless steel "B".
I just dissembled and posted images of an L-AMI, and as you can see in my post the difference is its frame.
Only additional piece(s) you'll need is M3 nuts to secure the bezel plates, and that's it (aka it wouldn't be a universal monitor bracket if it didn't work with some models)! :whistling: ;)

Cross-post; 2nd LG monitor just arrived! :thumbup:
0E8Tm54.jpg
You said waiting for custom bracket in your disassembly post for your AMI L so i took that as meant wasnt compatible yet.

“That's it/prep work done!
Now I just wait for the new custom bracket and my LG 32GK650F-B 32" monitor to install them. :thumbup:

So I can put an order in now and be ok then?

You said waiting for custom bracket
Because anything made by anyone other than Taito is IMO "custom" parts/hardware. :)
So I can put an order in now and be ok then?
The only choice you apparently need to make is aluminum or steel, all brackets regardless of material are compatible/OK for the L-AMI.
Both of mine (2nd is still in transit) are aluminum.

So when creating the countersinks, the only two pieces that are getting modified are the top piece and bottom piece that attach to the monitor frame?

The frame itself remains the same?

So when creating the countersinks, the only two pieces that are getting modified are the top piece and bottom piece that attach to the frame?
Correct. Only other thing might be, the mounting bracket that attaches to the lcd, depending on the monitor, you might need to modify/cut some of it for connections; power,HDMI, etc...

See how Jassin cut a tab off?

2NKYR0C.jpg

So when creating the countersinks, the only two pieces that are getting modified are the top piece and bottom piece that attach to the frame?
Correct. Only other thing might be, the mounting bracket that attaches to the lcd, depending on the monitor, you might need to modify/cut some of it for connections; power,HDMI, etc...
See how Jassin cut a tab off?
Awesome, thanks for the heads up on the bracket itself, didn't think of that.

I bought the 32MA70HY-P.

Back