What's new
@Hadouken Arcade can we buy just the 100x100 vesa mount?
Yes, the second batch will have 100 x 100 option. For now, I'll have to manually message people which vesa they want since I didn't put in account I'll be creating a 100 x 100.

See how Jassin cut a tab off?
Correction @Hadouken Arcade cut it off for me because the LG family of monitors often (neither of us had see the monitor I ordered at this point) places the ports in this area...He was correct!
Thanks again for this fantastic bracket! :thumbsup:
Yes, the first one was pre-cut by me. Though the second set I sent to you won't be. Mistake on my side. :/ I'm looking into changing the website template so I don't have to juggle my memories who wants what.

@Hadouken Arcade can we buy just the 100x100 vesa mount?
Yes, the second batch will have 100 x 100 option. For now, I'll have to manually message people which vesa they want since I didn't put in account I'll be creating a 100 x 100.
Sorry I meant can we buy just the 100x100 vesa mount piece if we were in Batch #1 and want to replace our 200x100 mount.

second set I sent to you won't be. Mistake on my side.
No worries, I've got a Drumel and a metal cutting bit. :thumbup:
Looking forward to getting my L-AMI all back together.

Oh BTW is the universal joystick mounting bracket in stock now?
I want to get another set of LS-32's in this machine (I love the feel over Sanwa for most games/Neo-Geo).

*Update #1* Just checked the website, n/m I'll put in an other this (payday) Thursday! :whistling: ^^
s-l1600-2.jpg

*Update #2* Look what got dropped off at my cube today :thumbsup:
uSJpmGI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Look what got dropped off at my cube today :thumbsup:
uSJpmGI.jpg
@Hadouken Arcade
What's the piece of foam and tape for?
the tape is to put on the monitor bezel. This will prevent small dust particles going in between the glass and monitor. The foam block is kind of an open ended part. Some monitors won't need this at all but the LG 32mp58hq will need this to prevent the glass being pushed in since the VESA mount is off the center.

Interesting, does the 65 hz cause any problems with 60 hz content? I haven't seen a monitor with that refresh rate before.

Just a reminder: just because a monitor fits and is the right size doesn't mean it's any good. Unless you really don't care about a proper arcade experience you need to know the input lag. Don't just buy something and hope for the best, get real numbers. And that's not the same thing as the manufacturer telling you the grey-to-grey response rate.

I'd rather have my 720p original monitors all day long over something that adds lag to to my cabs.

Just a reminder: just because a monitor fits and is the right size doesn't mean it's any good. Unless you really don't care about a proper arcade experience you need to know the input lag. Don't just buy something and hope for the best, get real numbers. And that's not the same thing as the manufacturer telling you the grey-to-grey response rate.

I'd rather have my 720p original monitors all day long over something that adds lag to to my cabs.
Amen. I picked up the bracket, so its ready WHEN I am...not because I needed to toss the first/cheapest 32" I could find in it. My 720p screen is beautiful, and works fine for now...especially for Tate mode stuff, with no Jamma.

We covered input lag from rtings database on @jassin000 LG monitor choice.

I could almost guarantee you it’s less input lag than the stock 720p

Just because it’s in an arcade machine I wouldn’t believe anything until I hooked it up to a bodnar or a time sleuth.

And yes grey to grey is an image transition timing and has nothing to do input to image transition.

I forgot his model but I seem to recall it was 7-10 ms input lag.

And with the OSSC high integer support. It blows it out of the water.

I'm so conflicted about what resolution to go with. I think either 1080p or 4K would be the way to go, especially if I want to use a PS4 alongside a computer in there. PS4 on 1440 just looks so bad. But then the problem is 1080p in 32 in is only really made in low-end stuff with questionable specs and lag, and 4K is $$$. I guess if you're JUST PC or classic games with an OSSC, then 1440p is fine.

Oh, @jassin000, where did you get those replacement feet? Oh, and which fan is that? Your posts have been really helpful in figuring this stuff out for a newbie.

We covered input lag from rtings database on @jassin000 LG monitor choice.
I'm referring to the Microcenter TV linked above to be clear. Which is not in the rtings database. Again, don't just buy a monitor because it fits, that's all.
It most likely has better input lag than stock.

It has been tested at under 10ms.

It also has a smaller vertical black bar than 1080p sets at 3x integer on OSSC

Why they call them 720p and not 768p always bugged me.

The LCD’s get dim after a few years. It would be a noticeable stock upgrade for a decent price.

since people are talking about input lag: I tested the 32mp58hq with a time sleuth and it adds about 2ms over a crt (iirc 9ms in the center which is where rtings measures afaik. remember that crts have 7-8ms lag when measured in the center!). it’s ridiculously good, probably better than all stock monitors lol

edit: sounds like the 32MA70HY-P is just about the same. seems like a great choice if you're not looking to spend a ton of money. It probably won't have any black bars at all if it's like the 32mp58hq, there is no '1:1' scaling option on that monitor, only aspect ratio options. I can say that 4x output stretched to 4:3 1080p looks pretty good, 1440p would look better of course, but it'll do.

The fact of the matter is that we get CONDITIONED to all sorts of things, including input LAG, whether is is 1 MS or 2 MS or 5 MS or 10 MS. As long as it's not something RIDICULOUS, then we can condition ourselves to get used to it if it is consistent.

For example, I play Tetris: The Grand Master in MAME. It runs well most of the time with a small amount of input lag, which I have been conditioned to and can account for. The thing I CANNOT account for is the random lag spikes during gameplay the cause me to mess up certain frame-perfect moves/solves because I can not predict when these lag spikes will occur. Additionally, if the input lag was very high, then I would find myself UNWILLING to put up with that sort of gameplay.

This conditioning thing applies to a lot of things, but ideally we should try to keep that input lag within an acceptable range! Granted, what is 'acceptable' will vary between games.

This is why I use GroovyMAME! :D

Back