Pinned How to install your Lindbergh DarkDawg Multi Kit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to install your Lindbergh DarkDawg Multi Kit

If you want to install a Lindbergh Multigame kit or you want to use a different CF in your lindbergh, you will need to take a few steps to install it.

1. First of all, install the PIC chip making sure to line up the notch on the chip with the notch on the filter board. This is on the outside of the Lindy where you hook up the cables.

2. Open your Lindbergh case and remove the current HDD and CF card. Replace them with the provided HDD and CF card for the multi kit.

3. Before your first power on you need to change a jumper on the pcb. You will find them in the upper right corner behind the JVS PCI card. Change the jumper from this:

To this:

4. Now power up the Lindy. You will receive an error and it will tell you that the default configuration is used. Perfect.

5. Now power down, change the jumper back to the original position, and boot it back up. It should now be working for you!

Keep in mind this kit requires that you use a USB keyboard to select the game to load. You may back up your HDD to any IDE HDD 60GB or above. The HDD is not protected. The PIC and CF card are, however.
    • For those who want to change the region from Japanese to US or Export

1. Enter the Lindbergh Test menu
      2. Select the "System Information" option (should be the option at the very top).
      3. push the "Service/Credit" button on the filter-board 30 or more times then push the "test" button on the filter-board

You will see a little arrow appear and allowing you to change the system region between "Japan" "US" and "EX" (Export) just like any other option in the test menu.

All games should run with the USA region setting and everything will be in English except for Initial D, and the Japan region Virtua Fighters. (I didn't test the EX region)
      "Information wants to be free"
      VOOT | RFM | Kraylix V3 | FiF Jr. | KI2 | UMK3 | E29 | E29| TOTD | DDR
      Follow my projects on Instagram: instagram.com/twistedchu

Buy my 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
    • twistedsymphony wrote:

For those who want to change the region from Japanese to US or Export

1. Enter the Lindbergh Test menu
      2. Select the "System Information" option (should be the option at the very top).
      3. push the "Service/Credit" button on the filter-board 30 or more times then push the "test" button on the filter-board

You will see a little arrow appear and allowing you to change the system region between "Japan" "US" and "EX" (Export) just like any other option in the test menu.

All games should run with the USA region setting and everything will be in English except for Initial D, and the Japan region Virtua Fighters. (I didn't test the EX region)
      Weird thing I am noticing on one of my Lindberghs:

When I press the Service button on the Lindbergh, no arrows seem to appear. Only an additional information:
      Before pressing Service:

After pressing Service:

Does this trick only work under Developer mode and not on the stock image?
    • No worries. I tested on both and on the Stock Image, you cannot directly change the region.

However, here is a work around:
      If you use a CF image in developer mode on a Lindbergh with a stock CF image, it will allow you to perform the region change trick you provided.

Once done, put the stock CF image back and the stock CF will show the region you selected using the non stock image.

I only noticed this when installing a Lindbergh game (US) on a Japan region Lindbergh.
    • hallucid wrote:

I currently have a House of the dead 4 that I will be performing the Multi-Kit install.

Have a couple of questions.

Can I sale the HOD4 CF and HDD ?

Can any wireless Keyboard be used once installed and ready ?
      any way to autoboot to a certain game
      You only need to sell the HOD4 Dongle and HDD.

You can sell the CF as well if you will never need it for Stock Lindbergh installs.

Any wireless Keyboard will work, a perfect one for use is the Logitech K400 Keyboard. Small and compact.

I vaguely recall but if you select a game and load, it will load the last game played in proceeding boots.
    • Is there a way to have HOD 4 boot up by default ?

I noticed that the Lindbergh Multi boots up to a boot loader that only lets select 2 sections

Rambo others
      Outrun 2 / HOD4

another issue I am having there is No free play for the Test menu for either of the games

I am having to use credit button which is annoying.

any feedback is appreciated

The post was edited 2 times, last by hallucid ().

• Sorry. No way to set a game to boot automatically. You have to select one of the two options because the games run on two completely different platforms.

If there is a free play option in the original arcade version then there will be in the version on the multi. If there was no option originally then you will not be able to select free play. Sorry.