What's new

TMallu

Beginner
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my cart with superbios and Capcoms custom sh2.
I've been using it caseless because of cart contact problems. Cleaned everything many times. Having hard time getting it to boot, just black screen without video signal or white garbled screen. Only way to get it boot is inserting it multiple times using slight angle and not push it all the way down.

Wiggling with the cart i accidentally pulled off that orange jumpper wire and broke the chips leg it was soldered to. (pic is before the damage)
The cart still worked ok, played through 3drd strike coupple of times no problems.

So, no-sweat about it? is this jumperwire even necessary anymore since superbios and no battery?

Any hints for those bitch contacts? Sandpaper perhaps?

First thing is that using it without the case actually causes worse contact. The best contact with these because of a sorta poor cart slot is dead center and the cart holds it right there. What have you cleaned the cart contacts with? Whenever I service a cart I always clean it with a mild metal cleaner called Brasso and then immediately buff it completely clean with a dry microfiber cloth. I do this before testing and cart since the major weakness of the CPS3 system is the cart slot. So a pristine cart edge is very important. If you watch my CPS3 battery swap vid I demonstrate why not using a case is a bad idea.

As for that wire, I'm not sure what it does. I've hadd a few pass through my bench like that but I always just kept it the way it was. I did notice the cart I just converted to Standard SH2 hd the pin on the right side chip broken off. Looks like the Capcom tech grinded the chip until he could solder to the pin. I'd say if it isn't giving you problems then don't worry about it but you will need to test all games to make sure it doesn't affect you.

Back