What's new

mazinkaiser

Student
Reaction score
Hi guys im trying to adjust the voltage on a friends egret 2 it has the original power supply which has been recapped and if i adjust it under load and get it to exactly 12v the +5v goes to 5.332v and if i adjust it and get it to exactly +5v the 12v drops to 11.25v. So my question is whats the safe range for +12v and +5v? which one is more important to he closer to spec? Thanks for all the help!!

+5V is more important.

+12V usually powers the audio amp. It doesn't matter if it's not on the mark.

EDIT: I just checked the data sheet of an amp I recently replaced. Vcc can be anything between 8-16V.

awesome thanks nem another question cause of fluctuations in voltage and different loads across different boards used would you say its better to set as close as possible to +5v on the dot or some with some slack at +5.1 would be safer? Thanks again!!

reset the voltage to 5.0v under load every time you put in a new board, that's why the psu has an easy-to-access adjuster pot. The circuitry needs 5v, so it depends where you're measuring. I take my readings at the jamma edge so I usually target ~5.05v to allow for a little drop before it hits the chips.

thanks ekorz i am also taking voltages on jamma edge will set to 5.05 thanks again you guys are great!!

Back