What's new
So a 7950GT 512mb does work with the bios where a 7900GTO/GTX 512mb does not work?
If so, I saw a 7950GT for sale locally and it might be worth buying it :)

exactly :)

nbitor is your friend :D

And yes 7900GS, GT, GTO, GTX share all the same architecture, so they can share the same BIOS (theoretically).

be careful with the GTO and GTX.. they are very power hungry.

exactly :) nbitor is your friend :D And yes 7900GS, GT, GTO, GTX share all the same architecture, so they can share the same BIOS (theoretically).be careful with the GTO and GTX.. they are very power hungry.
:thumbsup:
Thank you for the info.
:)

I just need some hints please.
I bought a 7900 gs from Palit but using the normal flash method just point me to a garbage screen when restart.
So i also tried method 2 but when i start the multiboot i cannot get the games to run....
It just start and then return to main menu immediately, like when i have the 9800.

In one of the pics, you can see the nvflash report for the cart after i flash it using method 2.

Some help please.
:(

26E6B9F6-0B6B-4F77-9556-2A3290E47F28_zpsn3e4nxnq.jpg
0E605F2C-FD00-4B12-BD4E-1088157E994E_zpse3nxtxs5.jpg

did you update the boardid?
yes i updated all the 4 ID just as per guide method 2.
Strange is i have board id 7130 on the Palit 7900gs while on the 7950gt i flashed using normal method before (and it's working fine) i have board id 7132.....
But the rest is the same.
Just on this Palit i have a different bios than the 7950gt...greater.
Also it's normal that using notmal method i have the 7950gt displaying elsa gladic 979 while using method 2 on the Palit 7900gs i only have geforce 7900 gs

your 7900 is non reference which is why when using method one you get garbage due to incompatibility with the stock bios. I xan confirm that changing board ids works with that gpu as i am using the same one. But yes the boot screen will not show elsa as you are using the original bios.

you can change the boot screen message in the boot settings in nbitor, but it's not really necessary.

your 7900 is non reference which is why when using method one you get garbage due to incompatibility with the stock bios. I xan confirm that changing board ids works with that gpu as i am using the same one. But yes the boot screen will not show elsa as you are using the original bios.
Thanks guys.
It worked now.
I also change the bios screen...
:)

Some good information here.

I've got a Dariusburst CPU on my bench with what I think may be a bad video card. Shortly after the computers passes its POST I get a BSOD. If I put another card in the computer (a 9500GT) it will get to the windows desktop but the game will not start. Didnt think it would but figured that since it doesnt BSOD the original card must be bad.

FWIW, I do see some red and green hashed lines in one of the screens connected to the original card. :(

The green lines suggests the vram might be faulty.

The machine will boot as windows has a fail back driver if it doesnt find a device it can load a video driver. But due to said driver having no DX interface a game will fail to boot

Hi,

I've just tried on a xfx 7950gt fanless (same than @deibit) but unfortunately it's a no go for me.
It boots fine, but niko's multi menu is not in HD and when launching any game, it comes back to the menu (when everything is fine with the stock GPU)
I've just changed adv. info with NiBiTor.

I've tried a gigabyte 7950gt as well, but it's not booting at all :(

@Mitsurugi-w can you move this thread to the Taito Type X section and make it a sticky?
Or add it to the TTX tools section?

Any way of running the FreeDOS USB straight from the Taito X2, and flash from there with a keyboard installed? I don't have a working computer at the moment to install the GPU into - except fot the Type X2, all I have are laptops.

where are you located?

@edit: Sweden, I have just seen it :) ok a bit far away from me.. so maybe does not make really sense that i flash it for you

Last edited:
Yea, I've been meaning to upload the drive image so you can flash the GPU right from the X2.

I'll try to do that tonight.
Ah, you're a star! I thought I had read a post somewhere you were working on it, but wasn't sure!

and @deibit, thanks for the offer, appreciate it - but yes, a little bit too far ;)

So I just tried this and it appears to have bricked my card :(

I bought this card: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-P45...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

before flashing I ran the card in the X2 and it worked for the menu but none of the games would boot. people told me I needed to flash the bios so I downloaded the images here and followed the guide.

The card booted fine in the PC I was using for flashing. It said it flashed successfully so I shut down and reinstalled the card in the X2, only this time I got no image, the X2 gave ma a long beep, a short beep and then another long beep but my monitor got no signal, I tried reseating the card and same results.

I tried reinstalling it in PC to flash the original bios back and THAT PC refuses to boot with the card installed, it gives me a very angry repeating beep with a flashing red light (works fine with it's original Video card, only has a problem with the the X2 card I flashed).

Any advise would be appreciated.

Back