What's new
Where do I get ROM firmware ELSA Gladiac 979
Please tell link

Last edited:
Again, it is included in the image from the start post.
But you are lucky I'm in such a good mood and have the image unpacked on my HDD, see attached :)

Attachments

• Elsa_TX2.zip
    41.7 KB · Views: 477
Had a few cards lying around I'd stockpiled so I could convert a couple of satellite X2's and so I have a spare for my TTX2's.

Method-1 = flash with elsa bios
Method-2 = edit bios and change card ID codes to match TTX2 ones.

Dell 0HH748 7900GS - works fine with method 1.
P455 Geforce 7900GS - works fine with method 1.
Palit Geforce 7900GS - works fine with method 2, bricks card with method 1 (you just get random patterns on screen).
BFG Geforce 7900GS OC - works fine with method 1.

All tested with a legit Street Fighter IV drive and a V210A TTX2.

Used an ECS NM70-M V1.1 motherboard with build in Intel celeron processor, booting from USB-pen to flash the cards.

Now just need to upgrade my old RC2 TTX2 multi drive to whatever the latest version is.

Last edited:
Can you talk a little more about method 2, when you have some time? I tried flashing an MSI card recently, and while the flash did succeed, I get really bizarre behavior where some games work fine, and others crash and burn at random intervals. Wondering if editing the BIOS would resolve the problems.

Can you talk a little more about method 2, when you have some time? I tried flashing an MSI card recently, and while the flash did succeed, I get really bizarre behavior where some games work fine, and others crash and burn at random intervals. Wondering if editing the BIOS would resolve the problems.
Easy, method 2:-
  • Set PC to boot from USB as first device in bios.
  • Put 7900GS card into PC - don't forget the 6-pin power lead or it won't work properly.
  • Boot PC using a usb-pen with the image in the OP.
  • CD to TTX2
  • Run "nvflash --index=0 --save original.rom"
  • Remove USB pen from PC
  • Plug usb pen into a pc running windows
  • Run NiBitor
  • Open j:\TTX2\original.rom (assuming USB pen is J:\ drive)
  • Click on adv tab
  • change device-id to "0292" (probably this already)
  • change sub-vendor-id to "1048"
  • change sub-system-id to "0F09"
  • change board-id to "1901"
  • Click on "Boot settings" tab
  • Change card "display text" so you can tell it has TTX2 bios
  • Save to j:\TTX2\modified.rom (assuming USB pen is J:\ drive)
  • Eject USB pen
  • Boot PC using a usb-pen with the image in the OP
  • CD to TTX2
  • Run "nvflash --index=0 -4 -5 -6 modified.rom"
  • answer "Y" to all prompts
  • On my PC the caps/num lock lights flash during bios programming and it beeps once complete
  • Once complete reboot - if splash screen shows modified text then it's worked.
  • Put card in TTX2 and test with real HDD/Dongle or Niko's multi.

If it doesn't work re-flash with original firmware, stick on eBay and buy a different card.

BTW : if you get garbage on the display and you're PC hasn't got on-board video, don't panic, because you saved the OEM bios before you flashed the custom one didn't you...
Assuming boot from usb is set to default boot order.
  • Reboot the PC with usb pen plugged in (you'll get nothing/garbage displayed on screen, so you have to assume it's booted OK).
  • press enter a couple of times
  • type "cd ttx2" - press enter
  • type "nvflash --index=0 -4 -5 -6 original.rom" - press enter
  • press "Y" 3 times - pc should bleep 3 times
  • on my PC the caps/num lock lights flash during bios programming and it beeps once complete
  • reboot pc - card should be restored to OEM BIOS.

• STEPS
So I'm taking a deep dive into the X2 hardware.
I have been searching up and down in documentation but I can't find the reference thread I was looking for.
I know in the past somebody has flashed one of these, and I'm kinda at a roadblock.
While I have a 7900 GS that came with the unit, I would like max specs possible.

20191104_195710.jpg

In the steps above, where do I cange the clock values for this BFG 7950GT?
If somebody has flashed one of these in the past, do you have your BIOS or settings on backup you'd be kind enough to share?
I'll tip ya a 6 pack of beer via paypal.

Thanks!

• STEPS
So I'm taking a deep dive into the X2 hardware.I have been searching up and down in documentation but I can't find the reference thread I was looking for.
I know in the past somebody has flashed one of these, and I'm kinda at a roadblock.
While I have a 7900 GS that came with the unit, I would like max specs possible.

20191104_195710.jpg

In the steps above, where do I cange the clock values for this BFG 7950GT?
If somebody has flashed one of these in the past, do you have your BIOS or settings on backup you'd be kind enough to share?
I'll tip ya a 6 pack of beer via paypal.

Thanks!
Here is a custom ELSA 979 BIOS with a slight overclock I run on my 7950GTs.

It fixes the slowdown thats present in a few of the more demanding games while being underclocked compared to the stock 7950GT for maximum life.

Attachments

• XFX_7950.ROM.zip
    41.3 KB · Views: 367
Here is a custom ELSA 979 BIOS with a slight overclock I run on my 7950GTs.
It fixes the slowdown thats present in a few of the more demanding games while being underclocked compared to the stock 7950GT for maximum life.
@NikoI've just sent you $10.00 via Paypal FnF.
Please buy yourself a nice 6-pack for your split second help while I got shit on the bench.
I just got past yanking the backup bios, so all I trust I need to do is follow the steps with your Bios in place.

Update:
this BFG 7950 with your ROM image booted up like a champion.
Everything feels incredibly snappy with the new proc and 4Gb of ram. (detects as 3.2)
This has been a fun lil project.
I need to now understand how hard drive images work, and look for all the legacy software dumps.
I wanna play that Tetris game that's on here.

20191104_214541(0).jpg

Thank you good sir.

Much respect.

Last edited:
I have no idea what I just did, followed line by line like a lemming. Worked first shot, booted with dongle & orig SSFIV AE. EVGA 7950GT 512mb. You guys are great. Beer’s enroute @Niko

Attachments

• 66E65DF8-5671-49D3-9926-EADA1BEB0CC2.jpeg
    66E65DF8-5671-49D3-9926-EADA1BEB0CC2.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 255
hi im tryng to use the usb freedos image but no matter what i chose always give me
config.sys error in line 0
countret=001,437,c:\fdos\bincountry.sys
config.sys error in line 12
3 device=c:\fdos\bin\himenx.exe
bad or missing command interpreter c:\fdos\bin\command.com c:\fdos\bin /e:1024 /p:c:\autorxrc.bat

enter the full commnad line:

anybody can help me please

well last problem fixed no idea why i test 3 diferents pc board and dont work but the 4th one usb boot properly
i flash 2 cards thinking that the no 720 p resolution problem on nikos multy was that but the multyu still in 480p
4/3 resolution anybdy have this problem?

i test all weird thing is i have 3 taito type x 2 system 1 work perfet the one whit the jvs card small and not pci one
the other 2 have biger jvs card and is conected to the pci slot and have 8 dip switch instead 5 like the others.

need some help whit that.

here is the one working in 720p jvs board no pci and 5 dip switch

here is the one not working in 720p pci conector and 8 dip switch seting version

Last edited:
Greetings guys, I am totally new to this. I have a ttx2 but a faulty graphics card that gives a blue screen ‘nv4_disp’ error and those dotty images. I am thinking to give it a shot by reflashing it. Would anyone be kind enough to teach me how to do it straight from the TTX2 as I don’t have another PC that I can use. Many thanks in advance!

My mode is 208A with a 7900GS

Was there an image made to flash a 7900 within the x2?

Stupid and 99,9999% sure this is not the right thread to ask this, but... would TTX1/2 would work with 15 khz monitors?

Back