What's new
Does 8800 gt nvidia ddr3 can be used for ttx2 and flash the bios?

Yesterday, 10:14am
Does 8800 gt nvidia ddr3 can be used for ttx2 and flash the bios“

The TTx2 power supply is the issue I think, you’ll be short on watts. I think the 7900 gs with 512 men is your best bet.

You need to stick with 7900 series cards, you will likely brick an 8800 if you try to flash it with 7900 series firmware.

I have no idea what I just did, followed line by line like a lemming. Worked first shot, booted with dongle & orig SSFIV AE. EVGA 7950GT 512mb. You guys are great. Beer’s enroute @Niko
Did you do this in the TTX?

@‘kmansweden’
Yes, in a TTX2 with a 6800cpu also and all new fans. It’s been running hassle free for close to a year.

Wanted to thank Niko on this thread, it helped me get a couple of video cards modified to work on a TTX2. Now we have Darius Burst back up and running!

My experience, if it can help others:
- I had a PNY 7900GS 256m (10DE,0292,196E,0429) that flashed peachy with Nikos thumb drive freedos image.
- A NVidia 7900GS 512m (10DE,0292,0000,042A) did _not_ flash successful but I was able to revert it back then used nibitor to modify the original firmware and reflash.

The freedos image provided by Niko was set for C:\ but on my PC, I needed it to boot to A:\. It wasn't too hard to modify the autoexec and config but I kept getting an error about "cannot open swap file c:\cwsdpmi.swp" but my PC didn't have a HDD (I booted with just the thumbdrive, no disc or HD installed).

Add another thank you to Niko, I had a weird graphics error that was driving me nuts but I found a used graphics card and flashed it. We are back and looking good!

Hello guys, I just received my first TTX2, the courier (UPS) miscarried the package and affected the rear panel of the TTX2, the frame was a little bent but nothing really bad, but I noticed the video card bracket slightly got some of the residual stress of the cabinet frame, any ways when I started the TTX2 I got 3 beeps, after investigation I knew it was the video card, upon removal and using onboard vga, it started normally but as expected no games ran, only the selection menu. Any ways, after looking for the type of video card I found it is an NVIDIA QUADRO FX3500 based on the number printed on the card. I also tried the card on my PC and got the same 3 beeps.

I will really appreciate if you can help me out with my questions .

1. Do you know how to solve the 3 beeps problem? Maybe something that needs to be replaced on the card like capacitors? Or maybe a reflash will solve it?

2. I found and NVIDIA QUADRO FX3800, does it will work as a replacement? Because I am not able to find a 7900gs locally nor FX3500.

Thanks in advance!

3 beeps sound like a memory error, possibly a VRAM issue on the Graphics card? Do you happen to see any other damage on the card?

Do you have a photo of the card the board came with?

You need a 7900GS or equivalent to run the games on the multi. Neither of the other cards you mentioned will work. You can easily find these cards on ebay for around $30. If it's an issue with buying from/shipping to Mexico, PM me and I might be able to help you out.

Please also consider introducing yourself.

Saludos!

3 beeps sound like a memory error, possibly a VRAM issue on the Graphics card? Do you happen to see any other damage on the card?
Confirmed is the card, also tried in my PC and same issue.

You need a 7900GS or equivalent to run the games on the multi. Neither of the other cards you mentioned will work. You can easily find these cards on ebay for around $30. If it's an issue with buying from/shipping to Mexico, PM me and I might be able to help you out.

Saludos!
Kazuo,
My apologies, I registered to this forum a while ago and never realized I didn’t introduce myself, I am an arcade lover along with my 13 year old boy, getting the TTX2 was his idea, I am the proud owner of a Capcom Impress I restored, and currently about to start a Sega Astro City restoration process, also I own an Aliens Extermination from Global VR, Fast and the furious from Raw Thrills and a generic Neo Geo cabinet, the systems I own are Sega Naomi, Capcom CPS2, IGS PGM, and Neogeo.

I will upload a photo this afternoon as I am currently at office.

Thank you for your support and definetley I will PM you.

Saludos!
Hola Kazuo greetings from Mexico!

Here are the photos of my TTX2 Nvidia Card, on the last photo are the numbers that refered me as NVIDIA QUADRO FX3500

Attachments

• TTX2 7900GS-1.jpg
    TTX2 7900GS-1.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 91
  • TTX2 7900GS-2.jpg
    TTX2 7900GS-2.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 74
  • TTX2 7900GS-3.jpg
    TTX2 7900GS-3.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 70
  • TTX2 7900GS-4.jpg
    TTX2 7900GS-4.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 73
  • QUADRO FX3500.PNG
    QUADRO FX3500.PNG
    109 KB · Views: 83
I did a quick Google search and it does seem like it's equivalent to a 7900GS. It should work once you flash it with the BIOS from the 1st post in this thread.

Let us know how it goes!

I did a quick Google search and it does seem like it's equivalent to a 7900GS. It should work once you flash it with the BIOS from the 1st post in this thread.

Let us know how it goes!
The one in the photos above is the card that came with my TTX2, i will try to re flashed as indicated, reading in other forums it appears that will fix the card not being recognized and giving the long beep and 3 short beeps. I will keep you posted.
Thank you!

Let us know how it goes. There is still a chance that the card was damaged because it should still get detected both on your TX2 and your PC, the fact that it is giving you errors on both really makes me think it is broken. Sorry, didn't catch that this was the same card we were talking about the entire time.

Back