hursit

Staff member
Enlightened
Reaction score
LyQouml.png

Hello people,

Finally i have finished the Dreamcast Metal Case. The code name is: "DreamCase"
The Pre-Order opened today.
If i take enough pre-order, i will start the production. Total production time is: 2-3 Months.

Price : 169,99 USD

You can buy it from

www.trfightstick.com
  • Dreamcase is the New Generation " Metal Shell " For Dreamcast
  • Metallic Silver Automotive PAINT
  • No Heat Issue with GDEMU. All The Tests DONE.
  • Easy Installation
  • Instruction Manual
  • High Quality Product BOX
  • Blue Backlight ( Homogeneous )
  • Compatible with GDEMU and DCHDMI
  • New Technology DC 12V Mini Power Supply
  • Extender PCB for SD-Card
  • Game Swap Button For GDEMU
  • Compatible with 56K Modem and DreamPİ
  • 40MM Silent Fan ( Noctua Supported )
  • Not Supporting original GD-ROM nor USB-GDROM
  • Metal Sticker with Serial Number for Each Case
  • 12V Adapter is NOT INCLUDED in the packet. You can buy it seperately.
NOTE: The Pre-Order target is 100pc Minimum. We have to take enough pre-orders to make Plastic Injection MOLD.
First prototype Plastic Parts made by 3D Printer. The Real Product will have plastic parts made by Injection MOLD. Pleae ignore the some problems with 3D Printer plastic parts.

DreamCase How To Build Video

bYmG8Jv.png

Q4Lp9QT.png

a0JvncW.png

PQWFQqt.png

otCFtcp.png

Hdd84cg.png

Dl0JqDw.png

6lb5bde.png

Last edited:
as i said in the other thread, i'm in for one, but i would need it with USB GDROM support.

What are the color options we will have?

Nice work, as always :thumbup:

as i said in the other thread, i'm in for one, but i would need it with USB GDROM support.

What are the color options we will have?

Nice work, as always :thumbup:
I think there will be 4-5 color option.
Red, Blue, Silver, Green, Purple

We will see that :)

The CPS-3 cases look incredible, so I'm looking forward to these. I really like the name Dreamcase! I had a few questions though:
  1. I'm curious why these look to be much wider than the original Dreamcast? I see you have a big PSU on the left gap in your pictures, but presumably most people will have a small PicoPSU that fits above the motherboard?
  2. Is there enough vertical clearance to use chriz2600's PicoDreamCast?
  3. Will the DCHDMI antenna still work well in this case?
Good luck finishing these up, and thanks!

The CPS-3 cases look incredible, so I'm looking forward to these. I really like the name Dreamcase! I had a few questions though:
  1. I'm curious why these look to be much wider than the original Dreamcast? I see you have a big PSU on the left gap in your pictures, but presumably most people will have a small PicoPSU that fits above the motherboard?
  2. Is there enough vertical clearance to use chriz2600's PicoDreamCast?
  3. Will the DCHDMI antenna still work well in this case?
Good luck finishing these up, and thanks!
Than you .

1- I made this case bigger than original Case because; Original case is plastic and designed for the main board exactly. But i cant make it as original. Aluminium walls are 6mm. It is completely new design. You cant do anything you want with Metal staff ;).
But maybe it can be smaller only 1cm. Not more.

2- I have bought pico tax power and it doesnt look to me powerful enough. I bought another model picoATX power. And i think i will use this power on my project. I dont want to stuck someone's projects.

3- I dont have DCHDMI and i didnt make it anything in this design. It is very easy to make it with only a Small HDMI hole.

You know what, if you ask me my idea, i really do not understand, why people want HDMI output for these retro consoles :)

Than you .
1- I made this case bigger than original Case because; Original case is plastic and designed for the main board exactly. But i cant make it as original. Aluminium walls are 6mm. It is completely new design. You cant do anything you want with Metal staff ;).

2- I have bought pico tax power and it doesnt look to me powerful enough. I bought another model picoATX power. And i think i will use this power on my project. I dont want to stuck someone's projects.

3- I dont have DCHDMI and i didnt make it anything in this design. It is very easy to make it with only a Small HDMI hole.

You know what, if you ask me my idea, i really do not understand, why people want HDMI output for these retro consoles :)
  1. Sure, I get that working with metal (and making it curved) you will need to make it somewhat bigger. I am just confused about all the extra space on the sides.
  2. So you are planning on including a picoATX PSU with the case? I would think most people who already have a GDEMU/USB-GDROM already have a custom power supply option they are happy with.
  3. Okay, I was wondering the signal from WiFi antenna that comes with the DCHDMI might get blocked by the thicker aluminum walls. But if you don't have one I guess there's no good way to compare.
As for why people want HDMI output... I'd imagine most people are hooking it up to a flat panel display ;) Good CRTs are continually getting less common.

Thanks for the reply!

Than you .

1. Sure, I get that working with metal (and making it curved) you will need to make it somewhat bigger. I am just confused about all the extra space on the sides.
  2. So you are planning on including a picoATX PSU with the case? I would think most people who already have a GDEMU/USB-GDROM already have a custom power supply option they are happy with.
  3. Okay, I was wondering the signal from WiFi antenna that comes with the DCHDMI might get blocked by the thicker aluminum walls. But if you don't have one I guess there's no good way to compare.
As for why people want HDMI output... I'd imagine most people are hooking it up to a flat panel display ;) Good CRTs are continually getting less common.
Thanks for the reply!
I have already changed the design again. I will share with you very soon.
Aluminium gives me so much trouble for the production, so i have decided to make it metal and plastic together.

DC case is smaller with new design
Im producing a new Power for Dreamcast. It will support my metal case and regular dreamcast.
Some parts will be plastic. That means it will only supports for GDemu for now. I will think about it for the USB-GDROM
The case will support DCHDMI

Hello people.

Dreamcast PSU has been finished and it is ready now. I have been some heat tests and it looks good.

As i said before, i have left the aluminium case and designed the new one.. I will share the details soon.

But i can tell you, the new case will be metal and plastic ;)

please check the power's pictures

9KmPLf5.jpg

QUYGuTy.jpg

FBXP0Lj.jpg

mD9qE36.jpg

What about a Naomi case that supports the NetDIMM and PiForce (Raspberry Pi 2/3 with LCD hat)? ;(

As long as it has a slot for the DC-HDMI, put me down for one!

What about a Naomi case that supports the NetDIMM and PiForce (Raspberry Pi 2/3 with LCD hat)? ;(
Im working on it too. There are some incompleted projects. Dreamcast Case, Capcom Mini Cute, New design arcade stick. I have almost complete all of them.

I will use this PSU on Naomi Metal Case too ;)
As long as it has a slot for the DC-HDMI, put me down for one!
Yes it will support DC-HDMI
Any chance of integrating a DreamPi as well?
I think you meaning about Sega Naomi. I have a plan to use it on Naomi System

Any chance of integrating a DreamPi as well?
I think you meaning about Sega Naomi. I have a plan to use it on Naomi System
Actually no I ment the 56k to LAN system that alot of people are using to play online games that only support the modem and not the original LAN adapter
Link: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/shop
Opps sorrymy mistake.

Yes the case will support modem too. You can use your dream pi setup with this case

Dreamcast is finally finished. I opened a pre-order
Please check the first post.

Back