What's new
I dont have the MODE hardware now and i couldnt test it. But it looks lik MODE will not fit into my case because of the my power switch. When i have started to this projects, MODE wasnt exist . I havent test it with my PSU

I can totally tell you my PSU better than DreamPSU. That PSU has problems.
I didnt test about RE-painting actually. But it looks like you can do it

————————————————————————-

Thanks for answering those questions. It’s tricky eyeballing the MODE publicity images versus your images and trying to work out if anything conflicts. Perhaps I’d buy it and just use it with GDEMU if the MODE doesn’t fit when it arrives. I understand it wasn’t a thing when you designed the case. Maybe a toggle switch could be used in the disc change button hole or enlarge that hole to accept existing power switch If using MODE since that will not be needed in this scenario.

I don’t suppose you have any unpainted plastic pieces that you’d be prepared to substitute on request so I could paint safely? I don’t really want to have to try and remove the paint or worry it’ll react if I paint over the top.

glad to hear you’ve put more thought into your power supply than DreamPSU. If it still supplies 12v I would think it would have enough to power MODE in different configurations (still not a lot known about MODE from a technical perspective).

Last edited:
I got mines today!! ^^ <3

Gonna show pictures next week when i put it together.

Attachments

• 49398B84-C843-4A50-9DE9-AEC424A1D90C.jpeg
    49398B84-C843-4A50-9DE9-AEC424A1D90C.jpeg
    717.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 57772FA6-820C-4789-9B09-1D4EF814F09C.jpeg
    57772FA6-820C-4789-9B09-1D4EF814F09C.jpeg
    614 KB · Views: 177
  • E0A8A7B5-F73A-454D-8996-7D4B47737523.jpeg
    E0A8A7B5-F73A-454D-8996-7D4B47737523.jpeg
    623.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 2D295FEC-DF0E-4B80-AE2D-C6A363A836AC.jpeg
    2D295FEC-DF0E-4B80-AE2D-C6A363A836AC.jpeg
    684.3 KB · Views: 189
@hursit - great quality on the unit!!! Went together very easily..... tested out 480p via component to CRT - works beautifully. I of course had the wrong 4x10 Noctua fan (got a 12v) so just ordered a 5v one.

I am having some strange issue with my DCHDMI though - the video keeps freezing up - will be curious if anyone experiences this.

*edit* I am back on my CRT - and still having intermittent freezing issues - will continue to test.

Matt

Last edited:
Ok - more info on this - been through a bunch of steps to try and figure out what is going on. When the system freezes - the orange LED lights up on the GDEMU. according to the website - that is what this means: "There is a status LED on the GDEMU, it should blink once during power-up and then remain off. If the LED is lit, or starts blinking during gameplay, an internal error has occured. There are many possible causes of that, including SD card data transfer errors. "

I have tried.

not using the SD extender - just having the SD card in the GDEMU
removing the reset switch wires
taking out my ethernet card

my next step will be to put the dreamcast back in its original case to see if the problem persists - i know it didn't happen previously.

Let me know if anyone runs into these issues?

Matt

Ok - more info on this - been through a bunch of steps to try and figure out what is going on. When the system freezes - the orange LED lights up on the GDEMU. according to the website - that is what this means: "There is a status LED on the GDEMU, it should blink once during power-up and then remain off. If the LED is lit, or starts blinking during gameplay, an internal error has occured. There are many possible causes of that, including SD card data transfer errors. "

I have tried.

not using the SD extender - just having the SD card in the GDEMU
removing the reset switch wires
taking out my ethernet card

my next step will be to put the dreamcast back in its original case to see if the problem persists - i know it didn't happen previously.

Let me know if anyone runs into these issues?

Matt
Thanks for your testing

if i understand it correctly, there was no problem with your original Case + DCHDMI + GDEMU right ?
if yes, you have only changed your PSU on this system. Please can you try it with your original PSU ?

I know several times GDEMU frezes on my original Dreamcast too, but this one is strange issue

Hi Folks - after doing a bunch of back and forth testing with hursit tonight - I am pretty sure it was my large SD card causing the issue (256MB). While this worked fine in my original dreamcast case, it didn't like it so much in the new case. I had a 3d printed shround around the GDEMU - so perhaps there was more shielding? And we all know how touchy GDEMU is about SD cards.

I ended up using a 32GB card with just a few games on it to test - and everything worked flawlessly with the 32GB card.

Thanks @hursit!!

Matt

Hi Folks - after doing a bunch of back and forth testing with hursit tonight - I am pretty sure it was my large SD card causing the issue (256MB). While this worked fine in my original dreamcast case, it didn't like it so much in the new case. I had a 3d printed shround around the GDEMU - so perhaps there was more shielding? And we all know how touchy GDEMU is about SD cards.

I ended up using a 32GB card with just a few games on it to test - and everything worked flawlessly with the 32GB card.

Thanks @hursit!!

Matt
Thanks for your efforts.
We test it every step on the new Case and Old original Case. Then we found the problem which was the SD Card.

Thanks again...

Another strange issue - I got my 5v Noctua today - and somehow my dreamcast doesn't like the sense wire - it keeps shutting down after getting through the bootup menu... swap to original fan - no issue.

I guess I will keep the stock fan for now.

Matt

Another strange issue - I got my 5v Noctua today - and somehow my dreamcast doesn't like the sense wire - it keeps shutting down after getting through the bootup menu... swap to original fan - no issue.

I guess I will keep the stock fan for now.

Matt
Hello
did you use the Resistor with that ?
I dont remember how many OHM but you have to use Resistor with Noctua.
I will check my records and inform you about it ;)

Edit: Found it

xxeUgUn.jpg

Looks like the mode fits after all?

How has that monitor not fallen onto your ps2-2-4 yet?

That’s amazing it’s even standing.

Also would like to know why your aluminum Dreamshell looks a lot longer than normal.

Did you get that custom made or is my vision playing tricks on me?

How has that monitor not fallen onto your ps2-2-4 yet?

That’s amazing it’s even standing.

Also would like to know why your aluminum Dreamshell looks a lot longer than normal.

Did you get that custom made or is my vision playing tricks on me?
I think it is about the angleview of the camera

Back