Replacement Aluminium Dreamcast Case

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Replacement Aluminium Dreamcast Case

Hello people,
      There was a thread for CPS3 and DC case together, but that one is only for CPS3 now :)

This is the Dreamcast Aluminium Metal Case Thread.
      The Case is almost ready. All of the testes have been done. It looks like everything works great.

These are ready for now...
      * Full Body Aluminium Case
      * Special Eloxal Aluminium Coat.
      * 4 Different Color option.
      * It is easy setup installation.
      * 5 pieces Aluminium parts with Screws.
      * Aluminium Dreamcast LOGO.
      * Power button with light.
      * Supports GDEMU.
      * Supports Dreamcast Modem
      * SD Card Slot on the back. Special SD card Extender PCB. (it is under production now. Cant see on the pictures ;) )
      * Disc Swap Button on the back.
      * Power Output on the back.
      * 12 V ATX Pico Power with Harness.
      * Supports Noctua 40MM Fan.

Future Update plan.
      * USB GDROM support. ( Working on it )
      * DC HDMI Support. HDMI output.

Please check the pictures and do not forget these are not final products. :)
      I hope i will release the case on May 2019 ;)

What about the name of this product ? DREAMCASE maybe :P
      waiting suggestions :) 8o

Welcome to My Discord Server: discord.gg/VjA7sk6
      Talk about all arcade staff.... ;)
    • MoppelTheWhale wrote:

as i said in the other thread, i'm in for one, but i would need it with USB GDROM support.

What are the color options we will have?

Nice work, as always :thumbup:
      I think there will be 4-5 color option.
      Red, Blue, Silver, Green, Purple

We will see that :)
    • The CPS-3 cases look incredible, so I'm looking forward to these. I really like the name Dreamcase! I had a few questions though:
      1. I'm curious why these look to be much wider than the original Dreamcast? I see you have a big PSU on the left gap in your pictures, but presumably most people will have a small PicoPSU that fits above the motherboard?
      2. Is there enough vertical clearance to use chriz2600's PicoDreamCast?
      3. Will the DCHDMI antenna still work well in this case?
      Good luck finishing these up, and thanks!
    • IGChris wrote:

The CPS-3 cases look incredible, so I'm looking forward to these. I really like the name Dreamcase! I had a few questions though:
      1. I'm curious why these look to be much wider than the original Dreamcast? I see you have a big PSU on the left gap in your pictures, but presumably most people will have a small PicoPSU that fits above the motherboard?
      2. Is there enough vertical clearance to use chriz2600's PicoDreamCast?
      3. Will the DCHDMI antenna still work well in this case?
      Good luck finishing these up, and thanks!
      Than you .

1- I made this case bigger than original Case because; Original case is plastic and designed for the main board exactly. But i cant make it as original. Aluminium walls are 6mm. It is completely new design. You cant do anything you want with Metal staff ;).
      But maybe it can be smaller only 1cm. Not more.

2- I have bought pico tax power and it doesnt look to me powerful enough. I bought another model picoATX power. And i think i will use this power on my project. I dont want to stuck someone's projects.

3- I dont have DCHDMI and i didnt make it anything in this design. It is very easy to make it with only a Small HDMI hole.

You know what, if you ask me my idea, i really do not understand, why people want HDMI output for these retro consoles :)
    • hursit wrote:

Than you .
      1- I made this case bigger than original Case because; Original case is plastic and designed for the main board exactly. But i cant make it as original. Aluminium walls are 6mm. It is completely new design. You cant do anything you want with Metal staff ;).
      But maybe it can be smaller only 1cm. Not more.

2- I have bought pico tax power and it doesnt look to me powerful enough. I bought another model picoATX power. And i think i will use this power on my project. I dont want to stuck someone's projects.

3- I dont have DCHDMI and i didnt make it anything in this design. It is very easy to make it with only a Small HDMI hole.

You know what, if you ask me my idea, i really do not understand, why people want HDMI output for these retro consoles :)
      1. Sure, I get that working with metal (and making it curved) you will need to make it somewhat bigger. I am just confused about all the extra space on the sides.
      2. So you are planning on including a picoATX PSU with the case? I would think most people who already have a GDEMU/USB-GDROM already have a custom power supply option they are happy with.
      3. Okay, I was wondering the signal from WiFi antenna that comes with the DCHDMI might get blocked by the thicker aluminum walls. But if you don't have one I guess there's no good way to compare.
      As for why people want HDMI output... I'd imagine most people are hooking it up to a flat panel display ;) Good CRTs are continually getting less common.

Thanks for the reply!