What's new

tiff_lee

Grand Master
Reaction score
Picked up a cheap Toshiba PF today (Matsushita tube) minus the neckboard and chassis as it would prove to be a useful spare for one of my NNC's.

How common are spare chassis for these tubes? I've googled D29C051/toshiba pf chassis and had limited results which would suggest they aren't too common out in the wild?

Yaton has these for sale every once in a while. They're never labeled as D29C051 though. Just search for Toshiba chassis. He has a broken one right now if you want one to fix / send to Jomac.

I haven't seen them elsewhere for sale.

Cheers for the extra info. I took a punt on the non working one from Yaton, Jomac is just up the road so i'll get him to take a look hopefully won't be anything too $$$$$

Yeah typical, after I bought the one for repair! ><

Working doesn't mean a whole lot coming from Yaton.

<insert crying laughter emoji here>

Yeah i'm actually cool with what I got as i'll send it to Jomac for service etc, a 'working' one could last 5 mins before it needs looking at anyway.

Does anyone know if these tube/chassis will fit into a blast city? Anyone ever try?

No it won't fit in a blast. You might be able to do some hackery to get it to somewhat fit, but it's not in any way a "drop in" replacement.

@nem, do you know if the yokes on the Sanwa PFX monitors work with the Toshiba PF chassis variants?

No it won't fit in a blast. You might be able to do some hackery to get it to somewhat fit, but it's not in any way a "drop in" replacement.
Well, I wouldn't say that. The bezel won't fit, but other than that I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't "drop in". The frame needs to be correct one with the four D-shaped holes in the corners.

@nem, do you know if the yokes on the Sanwa PFX monitors work with the Toshiba PF chassis variants?
I don't know for sure, but that's what I expect. I have Sanwa PFXs on the way so I can measure both yokes. Should be here in three weeks.

Well, I wouldn't say that. The bezel won't fit, but other than that I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't "drop in". The frame needs to be correct one with the four D-shaped holes in the corners.
Well, when I think of "drop in", I think that no modifications is needed whatsoever and it'll fit like an original. In this case though, the bezel wont fit properly, wiring will need to be redone and proper frame is needed.

Well, when I think of "drop in", I think that no modifications is needed whatsoever and it'll fit like an original. In this case though, the bezel wont fit properly, wiring will need to be redone and proper frame is needed.
That's true. I forgot it doesn't have the standard Sega 15-pin AMP UP all-in-one connector.

Looking up pics of the PFX on Google, they all seem to have the correct frame.

I'm going to drop in the D29 into my blast and I'll let you guys know, for now the holes look like they'll match up but the connector will definallty have to be changed as mentioned

Yeah I'm going to initially mount from the front to check the fit and then go from there, then back mount if needed

Back