What's new

TheBortot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,how can I link two monitors to display the same image, like head-to-head,using original pcbs(like street fighter 3) and arcade crt monitors?

This is similar to a project I have just completed myself actually...
I have two B&O MX-line TVs set up to run from the same source.

I used an Extron RGB 164xi unit to split the signal.

rgb164xi.jpg

I use BNC to scart cables on the output - what form of input is available to you on the arcade monitors?

I want to distribute the pure RGBS from arcade pcbs to two arcade monitors that just accept this format of input.

"
A wiring kit to make a Sega Versus City cabinet Jamma Compatiable.

"
Eh? according to hard candy/otaku wiki the Vs City (and New Vs) is already jamma by default?

You need a VS kit or split the RGB signal on the jamma loom

I would recommend the vs link setup. you just designate one cab to be the master and it gets the PCB and the master end of the link. Some links are made better than others... and may or may not have the same features.

Here's an example of one I used to own. This is a pretty nice one because it has extra features like the video amp pcb, stereo sound, and the auxiliary buttons to CPS2 kicks adapter. This is exactly what you'd want to run SF3 to its max potential on vs cabs.
index.php

Attachments

• 2012-06-20_18-05-34_968.jpg
    2012-06-20_18-05-34_968.jpg
    920.8 KB · Views: 437
How did you make the video amp and then distribute to both cabs? I would like 2 sources( two cabs) and another one to convert to hdmi(by ossc) and then plug into a recording interface.

How did you make the video amp and then distribute to both cabs? I would like 2 sources( two cabs) and another one to convert to hdmi(by ossc) and then plug into a recording interface.
I didn't make the cable, I bought it. a video amp is not necessary for all applications. It kind of depends on a lot of factors. If you want another output I would recommend double splitting on the master side... Like take a jamma edge capture device (such as the splitfire) and plug that into your game... then plug your vs harness into the splitfire... then plug your PCB into the vs harness.

ah, good eye! it's been a while since I had it. I think that's pretty close to the price I paid before, maybe a little higher due to 2019 pricing.

Back